Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to stay

On my own

(1/3) > >>

VikkiSam:
I spent a lovely week in San Stefanos way back in 2008 with my hubby and x2 boys.
Circumstances have now changed, and this year wiill be the first holiday on my own. (grown up kids and now no husband - seperated)
I would like to know, if this would be a safe place for a single female. (My gut feeling says it is).
Where could I stay? In 2008 we stayed at Tsaros apartments. (Not looking for anything posh with all inclusive.)
How long does it take from the airport? (I remember a long coach journey with a youngster that was travel sick!!)
Would probably get a taxi. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you in advance.
Looking at mid (14th) September 2022.

Jimbo:
I'm not a single woman, but I've met plenty in Ag Stef. I'd say it was totally safe. It might be a bit lonely in an apartment block, so you might want to think about somewhere like Nafsika, where you get to chat to other people.

diane13:
VikkiSam I am sure you would feel really comfortable here on your own - we have stayed here for quite a few years now and the locals and fellow holidaymakers have always been wonderful.  I know I would choose San Stef if I was travelling alone.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday here  :)

Karen:
Hello VikkiSam. Yes I would be confident staying in San Stef on my own. We like Silver Moon apartments in the main strip, but agree with Jim, the Nafsica would be the place I would choose, if I were on my own. :)

VikkiSam:
Thank you to you for your helpful and positive replies. I will look into accommodation later today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version