Author Topic: Flights actually arriving  (Read 29659 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Flights actually arriving
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »
Very pleased to see that the first TUI Monday flight went from Doncaster this afternoon.

Also pleased to say a nice number of people on the beach at Mistral and Waves today :-)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2021, 08:48:33 PM »
Yes for sure more people around today which is good news for guests and suppliers.  Since Jet2 starting arriving from last Monday 19/07 you can see more people wandering around, still quieter than normal but nice to see more people generally around........

Offline Pat g

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2021, 08:51:22 PM »
Doncaster flight just landed  Jimbo  5minutes early

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »
All sounds good!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2021, 01:04:54 AM »
Thanks, Pat. I watched it land on the airport webcam!

The airports', and consequently Flightradar24's, arrivals/departures systems take a few weeks to catch up. Doncaster showed the plane going but not coming back, and Corfu showed it arriving but not departing. Flightradar24 had it scheduled, but not with it's flight number, so didn't show it departing. I managed to catch it just north of Durres on the Albanian coast, so I had the aircraft call-sign (G-FDZD) and you can put this into the search box. So it didn't vanish out of the known universe as the timetables indicated.

All part of the fun. Not so much fun for a Scottish woman, who was very happy posting on the Nafsika Facebook page that she'd just booked to stay there with her daughter in August. A few hours later she reported that TUI had cancelled it, claiming that it was because of government travel advice. That's obvious cobblers, because TUI has sent loads of planes to Greece today. I think the technical term is "bums on seats".

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2021, 12:31:08 PM »
Glad I changed my booking from TUI to Jet2 for august flying from Edinburgh as so far so good for 5th august 🤞🤞

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2021, 02:23:42 PM »
Glad I changed my booking from TUI to Jet2 for august flying from Edinburgh as so far so good for 5th august 🤞🤞
Good to know, but can I be nosey and ask what tests etc you have to take, or certificates you have to provide in order to fly out from and return to Scotland? I'm double-jabbed but holding back from booking a Jet 2 flight mid September until things become clearer. Fine chance of that happening soon!

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2021, 03:28:04 PM »
TUI normally have 3 Friday flights from Manchester but they seem to have condensed them into one early flight.
It appears to have gone OK last week so hoping they dont pull it at the last minute  ::)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »
TUI really need to get their act together. If they told people that their flights might have to be limited, but they would certainly fly x or y on day z, then people could make an informed choice. Just arbitrarily chopping and changing results in total lack of confidence. Booking are obviously pretty low, but we all understand honesty. Accepting a booking one day and cancelling it a day or two later is not justifiable. We are not a lottery.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2021, 06:03:50 PM »
TUI really need to get their act together. If they told people that their flights might have to be limited, but they would certainly fly x or y on day z, then people could make an informed choice. Just arbitrarily chopping and changing results in total lack of confidence. Booking are obviously pretty low, but we all understand honesty. Accepting a booking one day and cancelling it a day or two later is not justifiable. We are not a lottery.

That’s it exactly. I think we all understand the need to be flexible with travel these days and consolidating the flights isn’t a problem, aslong as customers are given enough time to search other options. Communication is key and TUI have really dropped the ball with it this year.

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2021, 05:14:44 AM »

Well that was short lived. Yes it’s 2.10am Scottish time and I can’t sleep as Jet2 just cancelled flights from Edinburgh/Scotland for 5th August!!!!!! Why they allowed us to check in and encourage buying tests is beyond belief. !!! Will be contacting them tomorrow for some sort of explanation.

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2021, 05:21:19 AM »
Good to know, but can I be nosey and ask what tests etc you have to take, or certificates you have to provide in order to fly out from and return to Scotland? I'm double-jabbed but holding back from booking a Jet 2 flight mid September until things become clearer. Fine chance of that happening soon!

Hi please read my current thread on this !  Tried to find out today before our flights were cancelled on tests etc!!  Went to two different  pharmacies and neither of them knew what to do, both referred me to Scottish government website which tells you nothing !!! Ridiculous. We travelled last September to SS in the middle of all this with no problems and yet this year the Scottish government are making it impossible.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
Not too sure what information you are missing/looking for, but this Scottish site does seem to have details. Jet2 also have details of where you can get tests. I would have thought most travel companies would have such.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »
So it's not just TUI that are cancelling. Bookings must be pretty dreadful. But I think that last year, and earlier this year, a lot of people shifted their booking to September.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2021, 03:19:23 PM »

Well that was short lived. Yes it’s 2.10am Scottish time and I can’t sleep as Jet2 just cancelled flights from Edinburgh/Scotland for 5th August!!!!!! Why they allowed us to check in and encourage buying tests is beyond belief. !!! Will be contacting them tomorrow for some sort of explanation.
That's horrible news, very sorry to hear that.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni