Author Topic: Flights actually arriving  (Read 29679 times)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Flights actually arriving
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
I don't do social media but is there anything on there about how much notice people are getting about their cancellation?

Very little notice. Some people are only finding out 2-3 days before and only then finding out because they are checking, not being contacted by TUI to tell them.

There’s a few instances of people only finding out when going to the airport to board their flight, which is obviously unforgivable.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2021, 05:59:23 PM »
I don't do social media but is there anything on there about how much notice people are getting about their cancellation?

Some are only getting a couple of days notice, from TUI. Have been looking at Corfu arrivals.. There are quite a few TUI flights that just haven't taken off..Norwich, Luton, Edinburgh, East Midlands.....

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2021, 06:16:06 PM »
TUI are telling people that Silver Moon and Little Prince are closed, they are OPEN! Please check your bookings if you are going with TUI!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2021, 06:29:36 PM »
TUI being cowboys and not wanting to tell their customers the real reason for the cancellation, which is obviously financial and profit related.

It’s got nothing to do with governments late decisions, which is why Jet2 and the low cost carriers are giving people plenty of notice and generally communicating honestly with their customers.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2021, 06:31:28 PM »
Yes, D@G..

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2021, 08:45:33 PM »
More and more people on FB are saying TUI are cancelling their holiday, some of them are now booking independently...

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2021, 08:53:55 PM »
The argument on package v independent has been done to death on here and we are very pro independent, but the current situation does not add to the issue as far as we can see. Flights are being changed as much as any packages and with the latter you at least have some extra cover for the accommodation, although I totally agree the owners are doing a great job helping people when things change.
We’ve used Jet2, RyanAir and Easyjet since they started, so many a year and several times some years. By far the better has been Jet2 and I’m sure everyone knows the worst of the three. Saying that, it is the old saying “you get what you pay for” but we have actually had little or no problems with any of them throughout the years.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2021, 09:45:20 PM »
I looked at the Manchester flight we will be going on and that went ok today fingers crossed it will continue to do so there just seems to be the one flight from manchester on friday rather than three ? Have had a look and Easyjet hav flights so we’ll get there somehow.
I would say to anyone who is unsure, book independently dont worry the owners are so trustworthy and benefit so much more from direct bookings x

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2021, 10:04:32 PM »
The argument on package v independent has been done to death on here and we are very pro independent, but the current situation does not add to the issue as far as we can see. Flights are being changed as much as any packages and with the latter you at least have some extra cover for the accommodation, although I totally agree the owners are doing a great job helping people when things change.
We’ve used Jet2, RyanAir and Easyjet since they started, so many a year and several times some years. By far the better has been Jet2 and I’m sure everyone knows the worst of the three. Saying that, it is the old saying “you get what you pay for” but we have actually had little or no problems with any of them throughout the years.

The difference though, is the cheap carriers are making customers aware of the cancellations and giving them ample time to make alternative (mostly free) arrangements.

TUI are leaving cancellations to the last minute and then lying to their customers and saying the hotels are closed which is the reason for the cancellation.

Any extra cover with booking a package has been heavily eroded by TUI by their dishonest business methods.

Independent every year for us, the locals benefit far more this way also.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2021, 10:29:21 PM »
The difference though, is the cheap carriers are making customers aware of the cancellations and giving them ample time to make alternative (mostly free) arrangements.

TUI are leaving cancellations to the last minute and then lying to their customers and saying the hotels are closed which is the reason for the cancellation.

Any extra cover with booking a package has been heavily eroded by TUI by their dishonest business methods.

Independent every year for us, the locals benefit far more this way also.

You must book a lot of flights to "know" so much.
We had flights with both Jet2 (return) and Ryanair (going). Jet2 give us 28 days notice of a change of day, then 2 days later before we asked for a refund changed the day again. The call to them was typically long winded, but the refund was quick. Ryanair <2 weeks before simply cancelled and offered a voucher. Went online and found "refund" option, it was an awful procedure made to put you off. Refund took at least twice as long. Oh and we lost out on the exchange rate paying in Euro on the return. People should be checking they are not entitled to compensation on these late notifications as they won't simply offer them...

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 10:36:01 PM »

You must book a lot of flights to "know" so much.

Again, no need for the pointless digs, I was just giving my opinion on the current TUI situation, which you may or may not be aware of.

Offline John

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2021, 10:54:19 PM »
In the past l have had exceptional service over many years with TUI,but reading others folks experiences, especially late cancellations I’m beginning to wonder what to do in the future.

Out of interest can anyone give me advice as to what requirements are in force should l be lucky enough to go in September.   I am double jabbed.  Thanks.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2021, 11:05:40 PM »
In the past l have had exceptional service over many years with TUI,but reading others folks experiences, especially late cancellations I’m beginning to wonder what to do in the future.

Out of interest can anyone give me advice as to what requirements are in force should l be lucky enough to go in September.   I am double jabbed.  Thanks.

As things stand, with Greece being Amber, you’ll need to fill out a PLF form, possibly do a free test on arrival (at their discretion) do a test in resort 2 days before returning home and do a PCR test within 72 hours of arriving home.

The 2 compulsory tests will cost in the region of £70 per adult.

Offline John

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2021, 12:39:06 AM »
Thanks for that info.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2021, 01:08:18 AM »
Again, no need for the pointless digs, I was just giving my opinion on the current TUI situation, which you may or may not be aware of.

Nothing in digs other than your pointless cr@p attempt to dig at my response. Your comments on Tui if picked up could end you up in court, think about it DH and get real...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni