Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 5310 times)

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Car hire
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
We are thinking about hiring a car in Corfu from the airport and wondered how easy it is  to find your way from the airport to San stefanos
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:57:59 PM by spikeyb »

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Car hire
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi there,

I like to drive to SS when I get the opportunity. Obviously now that data is free to use abroad, the easiest thing to do is open the maps app on your phone and get directed in. I usually put Arillas as my destination to avoid confusion.

Cheers

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
Thanks, we are trying to decide if we have a car all the holiday or just 3 days to go out and about a bit

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
The last 2 times, we've hired a car for the full 2 weeks. We usually book flights independently, so the transfer cost by taxi usually covers half the cost (thereabouts) of the hire cost. Have a chat with Valantis at Corfu Explore for a good hire deal.

The drive across Corfu is nice and easy although I guess that comes with experience. Also nice to have a car on hand for exploring some of the more 'off the beaten track' villages, which we'll definitely be doing again this year.

Good luck and enjoy.

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:18:33 PM »
Thank u, I think we've decided we will have a car from the airport, I'm  sure we'll find our way ok, if not we'll have fun getting lost  :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni