Author Topic: Cash Machines  (Read 6890 times)

Offline sanhelp

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Cash Machines
« on: July 20, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
are there any atm machines in san stefanos please?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Cash Machines
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »
There is now an ATM at Thomas Bay Hotel
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 02:51:46 AM »
It was working last week. Was installed last year but not activated.... It is Greece  ???

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:08:11 PM »
Yes, I know that this thread was last posted to about a year ago but it was the first Thomas Bay cash point machine thread that I found !

Just back from two weeks at the Romanza. Had an amazing time once again except for one little hiccup (which was probably my fault).

Being helpful, the Thomas Bay guys had taped a handy bit of paper above the cash dispenser slot of the machine saying roughly 'get your cash below' because some holidaymakers had looked for their cash from the Receipts dispenser slot.

Unfortunately the sun melted the tape glue and the paper curled up and out obscuring the cash slot when looked at from above (I'm 6'  3"). I spotted the receipt easily enough (coz it came out of the receipt slot ... funny that !) but I didn't spot the cash poking out because of the handy bit of paper stuck out further so the machine took it back (too darn quick if you ask me !).

I now have to wait for 30 days for my bank to 'fully investigate' the matter to see if I should get my 150 euros back. The investigation consists of checking to see if there was more cash in the machine at the end of that day than there should have been. Why this will take a month, Gawd knows !

So basically, if you ask for cash from this machine, clear your mind of all things, focus on the cash, grab it quick and sod the receipt. If the cash is retained your bank account still records it as a withdrawal with no automatic record of any retention. Whatever you tried to take will also come out of your daily cash withdrawal allowance.

Anyway, did I mention that the Romanza was still amazing?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:05:29 AM by OuzoPower »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
That is another very good reason why it is best to make sure you don't rely on the Thomas Bay machine for your spends..
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »
It has worked every time this trip without fail.
The one in Arilas also worked fine for us!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:51:36 AM »
To agree with Tony,

I used the machine again with the concentration of a wrinkly ninja but had no problems at all.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »
One reason people may think it doesn't work is that the machine has a limit of €250, when dispensing!
It will ignore your own level (i.e. £300-350), and will not dispense.
It will also not give you a balance!!
Try again at the lower limit and it works fine!! - It does not tell you this anywhere.
It worked fine with my debit card and also works ok with credit cards!!
Make sure you take your receipt!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni