Author Topic: san stef 2014  (Read 4697 times)

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
san stef 2014
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:05:26 PM »
back yesterday after a super 10 nights 11 days stay. shorter than usual due to a wedding the day before we flew .

stopped at spiradoula with the most wonderful family you could ever meet . cleaned every day , fresh tomatoes ,limes, cucumbers supplied as soon as they noticed we were running low . cant express how great this family is , next years jolly already booked with them as usual ,just awaiting flights. We were bit apprehensive of first time flying with Bryan air but i gotta say they were great. on time going out and 30 mins early coming back . basic seating  but its only for 3 hours . son had 3 seats to himself coming back !! 3 members of the family had a week at jasmine pool bar and it was a great place too . Spiros made them feel very welcome , even organising our transfers , nice brekkie there and snacks and drinks thru the day very good . 2 storms whilst we were there but luckily in the early mornin so no disturbance really !!!
 arrived on sunday afternnon at resort approx 2pm , beach and waves for late lunch , italian in the evening , great food , just main meals and few cocktails . all 7 of us bit tired after long day saturday and early start .
day 2 ;storm  first,hired a scooter for rest of holiday , jasmine pool all day then barras at night , giorgio and his family are so happy and  welcoming .. more family and friends arrived later this night
day 3 ;beach all day , kids on watersports , manthos for food at night , acabar ( dimitris ,nikos ) fantastic hosts
day 4; jasmine pool bar , hot but overcast , olympia at night , acabar, athens bar, condor fun night (late one )
day 5 ; our anniversary !! all hired vehicles, quads , buggies ,scooters and had a day trip to saint georges bay for swim , lunch in dionysos on the cliff top , its a must !! . went to fantasea at night and another late one in condor . ( ooh my head )
day 6 ;strom in mornin even tho i never  heard it , woke to glorious sunshine , had a beach day , few more watersports for the kids , 2 stars at night for food and gotta say its been a while since ive eaten there because of  a bad experience of 9 years ago , ( eating in the back of the restaraunt on a hot sticky night with very young kids )  , the welcome yiannis ,stefanos and a ll thestaff gave us was second to none and the food superb , specially the sizzling platter i had , its a must and spectacular for people to see , free cakes and drinks at end of meal and very reasonable prices . its on the list for 2 visits next year .
day 7 ; beach for  a chill , zorbas for food at night , last nite for the girls who come for a week , 2 newbies so took em to see the dancing , girls to condor , acabar for drinks and dancing
day 8 ; girls went home , beach barras for some light bites at night , ( gets too much sometimes all the eating ) acabar again . (always room for a beer n cocktail )
day 9 ; friends went home after great stay at terezas . beach then another visit to dimitri at Quattro . italian ... tried nearly everything between us and was superb food with some nice touches , this place is gonna do really well i reckon , spoke to the chef later (Matt) and they are very happy with how the season is going
last day ; beach , waves for lunch , olympia on last night   cos its our  law !!    bit of an early one due to flight tomorrow gonna miss this place and wont do 10 nights again
last day ; picked up at 9 am , airport for 945 , checked in bags , had bit of food , boarded and home at 1pm GMT. great flight 30 mins early .

brilliant holiday again but a little short , newbies really enjoyed it and wanna go back . which i dont know wether is good or bad . trying to keep this little gem of a place a secret is getting more difficult ..

thanks to all the locals and family and friends who make this place unique

yammas

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: san stef 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »
Good report thanks for sharing.

Was that the Sunday Ryanair flight out of Manchester by any chance?

Many kiddies in the resort? Our first time (17th-31st August) in the summer hols with our 5 year old so hoping for some kids of similar age for her.

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 08:16:21 PM »
Yes 720 flight manchester. Like i say first time with bryanair but couldnt fault em. Never noticed many young kids due to the fact my youngest now 15 but there was a couple of young uns , aged 6ish i reckon,greek dancing in 2 stars one night we were there , they were really good and everyone cheered them on,  before you know it theyll ave friends evrywhere. Yammas

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing thejoneses. Can't wait for 3 weeks tomorrow when it's our turn  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni