Author Topic: Local Walks  (Read 14285 times)

Offline MrWilko2603

• SanStef Lover
    • View Profile
Local Walks
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »
I'm going in July and wondered if there are any good walks around San Stef which I could do. I know there is one past Nafsika but I want to know if there are any others. I've done the one where you end up at the Havana Beach Bar and that was good.. Thanks..  :D

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Local Walks
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:41:16 AM »
An old post by Lesley that might be of use

. I am on reception at Vicky's and have a pack of walks around the area so when you stay with us just pop into reception and have a browse at my walk pack.......

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »
Local walks are at the top of the page. Also San Stef travel do some organised walks as well
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Achandler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
I know of a few, If your a light night trekker then I would Highly suggest heading to the little church on the very top of Arillas hill, Just before sunrise, If you get there at the right time you can see the moon set into the ocean one side and the sun come over the hills the next. great walk, I am also heading out from June the 23rd to July the 14th :) only major expedition I have pre planned is snorkelling at porto Timony near Afionas. Thats worth a look too!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
I've just ordered this book:

http://www.corfuwalks.com/northwest.html

I'll let you know.

We've done a lot of walks, including to Afionas and back. I will say, though, that July-August is not really the time to be doing a lot of steep walking. But it is great in September/October.

Offline MrWilko2603

• SanStef Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
Thank you everyone for the information. You have all been very helpful. I am there for 11 days so I will have a lot of time to do the walks!  :D

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
Where do you mean ? Church at top of arillas hill. Wifey loves walking and sounds like a great pic opportunity.. I know akrotiri bar top of san stef and I know arillas , but unsure where you mean, 6 weeks tomorrow for us .  Yip diddly doo dah ...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »
Where do you mean ? Church at top of arillas hill. Wifey loves walking and sounds like a great pic opportunity.. I know akrotiri bar top of san stef and I know arillas , but unsure where you mean, 6 weeks tomorrow for us .  Yip diddly doo dah ...
I think he just means the hill where the Akrotiri Bar is
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »

I think it is the little Chapel on the top of the hill between SS and Arillas :)

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 05:38:54 PM »
Thanks , wasnt sure, not too far a trek 5am with camera n coffee

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »
That sounds a must for a paranamic video shot after a quick walk up from Anatoli...all depends on night befores excursions though!!  ;) ;)
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 08:19:28 PM »
If you look at our San Stefano Travel 'Trip' page we are running the alternative walking trips. The rural monastery one however is not currently available. Keith & Sue once again are happy to lead the way !  ;)

Offline Achandler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 11:50:40 PM »
Yes I meant the little chapel :) such a great view and really nice to walk in the early morning as during the day can be far too warm! Well worth taking the camera up. Such a peaceful place. I will be going in 10 days. If I can I will get some paneramic shots for all to enjoy and see if you fancy getting some pictures for yourself!

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »
We went up to the little church in June,lots of little stones outside it, with messages left on them to absent friends and family.It is a beautiful place,so calm and peaceful.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni