Author Topic: Coach Trip to Afionas  (Read 16857 times)

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Coach Trip to Afionas
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
There has been quite alot of interest regarding a trip to Afionas, I will put this to the Office. Nula is very busy as always making sure everything is spot on for the first guests. The sun is trying to peep through today.....

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Trip to Afionas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
Have noticed lots of interest. Afionas is a lovely place and would recommend a visit to anyone.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
It's a nice walk to Afionas and back!

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
It's also a good bike ride to Afionas and back. We'll be doing that again this year.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
Yes a very good idea, we walk there at least once during our holiday, always look forward to the walk and stopping off for lunch, there is a new taverna now (can't remember name) but if you go through the narrow little streets just past the square then you will come to it and it is sign posted. The views from the balcony are amazing and the food very good. The walk back down is a lot quicker. :) :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
It's also a good bike ride to Afionas and back. We'll be doing that again this year.
Except for the long,steep hill on the way there.My daughter,who is very fit,couldn't cycle up that hill.Alright on the way back you can free wheel down.

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
Dupnica you're right it's a nasty climb, and I wouldn't want to do it on a hire bike, we take ours with us and they do make it a bit easier. But for every up there's a down, thankfully!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
I wouldn't want to walk it or bike it in the midsummer heat - nice early or late thing to do, though.

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:35 PM »
I wouldn't want to walk it or bike it in the midsummer heat - nice early or late thing to do, though.
It is alright for spring chickens like you Jimbo - I have been know to plod many a mile - but wonky old silver surfers like me now have a problem !!!!

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
Congratulations on the appointment Hilary(I recognized you by you  photo).I have no doubt that your local knowledge and contacts will be of great benefit to both Noula and tourists alike.
Wishing you every success and looking forward to seeing you again in June.

Petros M.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
Regarding my previous post, I have remembered the name of the new taverna in Afionas, it is Anemos taverna, excellent reviews on TA complete with photo's, worth a visit. We visited during the day but if anyone is hiring a car and would like an evening meal there then they are also open of an evening and I believe the sunsets are amazing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:23:59 PM by lilly »

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:03 AM »
We visited Anemos too - it was really great as very, very hot and we sat looking out over the islands and watched as a storm came in - no rain just lightning - what an amazing view. 

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 07:24:06 PM »
Regarding my previous post, I have remembered the name of the new taverna in Afionas, it is Anemos taverna, excellent reviews on TA complete with photo's, worth a visit. We visited during the day but if anyone is hiring a car and would like an evening meal there then they are also open of an evening and I believe the sunsets are amazing.
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly a Taverna or hotel can be built in Corfu. We haven't been to Afiones for two or three years but Anemos certainly wasn't there then.What is even more amazing is how do they get all the building materials there in the first place when it is a squeeze to drive a normal car up there. Must go and have a look this year but will probably still eat in Porto Timoni as we have known Kostas a long time.
 Now that we have Hippopots keeping us up to date with recent developments we won't have so many surprises when we return this year,but I remember going one June and seeing Thomas Bay Hotel built on what had been a rough piece of land,similarly Little Prince and various other apartments over the years,but it does keep people employed during the Winter months which can't be bad.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
Never been to Afionas,is it do able by quad,how far ?.Much to see / do,thanks for any advice folks.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
About ten minutes on a quad. It's not far from Arillas, but quite a steep uphill walk.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni