Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1376272 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:22 AM »
Send some rain over here please Hippopots

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »
Do we take it it's windy today? No umbrellas up on the webcam

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
What's the matter with you Waspman? Didn't you have enough rain over the winter months? 10 days of little or no rain and everyones starts to worry. Enjoy it. You'll be up to your waist in water before you know it.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:39 PM »
What's the matter with you Waspman? Didn't you have enough rain over the winter months? 10 days of little or no rain and everyones starts to worry. Enjoy it. You'll be up to your waist in water before you know it.

Agreed, if Waspman says that again, I will personally put a hose pipe up *** ****

We have had enough rain in the last 2 years to last 100.

Andy

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2014, 12:36:09 AM »
Yes Caz, it was a tad windy today..probably the remnants of last nights storm.
But the sun still shone, and the air was really clear, making the islands look much closer than they actually are.

Plenty of surf too, with a few people jumping waves this morning.

Took a walk this evening and there is a change in how things look near Sunset Bar. Only about a week ago I was thinking how their sign, although tall and neon lit, was getting lost behind loads of reeds and pampas grass. Well, all that has been cut right back, in fact the whole field between Sunset and Sparkles/glass slipper has been cut, so now from the road, you can see all the way across to Maria and Spiros apartments, Vickys, and the entrance to Delfino Blu. Not only that, but tonight you could also hear the waves crashing onto the beach, its amazing how much that tall grass was blocking out!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:18 AM »
Well the wind died down today, leaving us with glorious sunshine, and perfect conditions for the beach and pool 8)

I popped down to the beach this afternoon for an hour, and it was really busy....lots of sunbeds taken everywhere, and loads of people enjoying the sea, which was lovely and warm, and much calmer than yesterday!

Pulling in the crowds tonight are the Elvis tribute at Silver Star (he's proving to be very popular), Tom Jones/ Robbie Williams tribute in Condor, Splinter Band in Thomas Bar, and Keith Mitchell in Athens Bar.   

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2014, 03:31:04 AM »
Have to wait until September for our holiday but love to hear what's going on in San Stef.  Does anyone know what's happening at Silver Star this year - do they have any entertainment and also is Groucho around this year?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »
Hi Diane13, Silver Star has a regular Elvis tribute this year.Not normally my thing, but the guy has a great voice, and is proving popular.
Groucho is playing tonight at El Greco, and last night was playing alongside Keith Mitchell in Athens Bar.

A beautiful hot and sunny day again today. Many already down on the beach by 10am this morning, the temperature was already steadily rising....

Shane was busy making sarnies at the juice bar this morning. He said Kerry (Ozzy Oil) returns this week, and Sandra comes back at the beginning of July, so soon he can hand baking duties back to her! He's not normally the cake maker, but I think he's done a fab job during her absence.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2014, 01:06:20 AM »
Thanks for the info - we used to watch Jerry James at Silver Star and was very sad to hear about his wife - not everyone's cup of tea but it was a bit of nostalgia and not to be taken too seriously.  Don't want to wish the Summer away but can't wait to return in September - just love the place  :)

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
Guess what...hot and sunny again!! 8)

Think the thermometer on San Stef car hire digital display is working correctly now, as it was reading 29 late this afternoon. It may have gone above this, but I did take a sneaky break down to the beach so didn't see the temp mid afternoon.

Apparantly there was a cracking night had by many last night at 3 W's bar, with a Beatles tribute band keeping many entertained dancing the night away. I understand this may be a regular booking, so if you like the fab 4 could be worth checking out.

Met Tony and Linda Cox this afternoon. They popped by the shop to introduce themselves, and have a chat. So nice to put faces to names.

Went for a wander to the beach this evening, and it was one of those 'I wish I'd brought my camera' moments. The sunset was stunning. A brilliant orange setting sun, surrounded by a sky in hues of orange and purples. The sea was more like a lake it was so calm, and the reflection of the sun cast a bright orange 'path' across its surface. If you like sunsets, you will never be disappointed with the ones we get here, but this one was one of the best I've ever seen.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2014, 01:53:30 AM »
Hot and sunny here to, about 25C down south, a bit cooler up north I suspect

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2014, 02:25:58 AM »
A bit further south we had 27c here in Belgium and we need rain.have 2 cherry trees and they are short of water,rhubarb is suffering,strawberrys are over.raspberry canes are good but fruit very small.have a well for garden but thats almost dry.bring on some rain....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2014, 02:37:03 AM »
Peaked at 18 on the NE coast. Nice day, though - one small shower.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »
Rain badly needed in UK as well as Belgium

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
Best perform your rain dance then.