Author Topic: San Stefano Travel......Summer 2014  (Read 28168 times)

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefano Travel......Summer 2014
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »
Hilary, looking forward to planning this year's trips. Last year most of our plans for boat trips were thwarted due to the dredging!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
Sorry for the delay in reply Terri. The details of all the coach & boat trips will be available towards the end of April . The publishing of the newspaper is also in hand  :)
Please,please,please can you persuade Noula to include a coach trip to Afiones.Just leave us there for a couple of hours or so to have a meal and wander around. I haven't been for a few years now because it's too far for us to walk. Last time we booked a taxi to take us in the evening,we had our meal at Porto Timoni and the driver picked us up later.It was a lovely evening but the taxi fare was 70 euros,made it an expensive evening out.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »
I like the idea of a trip to Afionas perhaps coupled with St George, Pagi.  The issue though maybe with size of coach getting up into Afionas?  Not sure much more than a small minibus would be able to reverse in the square.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 10:08:42 PM »
I like the idea of a trip to Afionas perhaps coupled with St George, Pagi.  The issue though maybe with size of coach getting up into Afionas?  Not sure much more than a small minibus would be able to reverse in the square.
Lesley,I'm pretty sure I've seen a coach up there and turning round by the church,these modern coaches can turn on a sixpence.
 There is a school there so coaches probably take the children to school.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 10:30:07 PM »
 positive we saw local bus there last year...it is painted on the road to keep it clear for turning...i think ,lol

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »
That's good would be perfect then - like the idea and I love that little shop in the square too.......

Offline fanntosseas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
hi great idea . perfect for my wife & i as we dont drive.

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »
Cerys was the reason I was going back after 3 years away!! :( :( :(
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »
Bad luck Carl  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
Afionas is always worth a trip.

A couple of years ago the taverna Porto Timoni in Afionas was mentioned in the Easyjet back of seat travel guide as a must visit when in Corfu.

If you feel your holiday is making you feel just a little too laid back and relaxed, and you want to get your life back into a state of high alert, take small children with you when you visit, and let them loose on the spectacular balcony over looking both bays!

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:09 PM »
Received tickets for may hols today!!!!!!!!!!     35 days and counting...  comes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few ciders in the athens bar  rose wine for the wife and off to fantasea for the mussels.  Thats day 1 sorted  8)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
Received tickets for may hols today!!!!!!!!!!     35 days and counting...  comes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few ciders in the athens bar  rose wine for the wife and off to fantasea for the mussels.  Thats day 1 sorted  8)
Hope Konstantinos at Fantasea is back from his travels by the time you get there or you'll have to go to Beachcomber for your mussels.
 He's in New York just now and last year he didn't open till the beginning of June.

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
Hope Konstantinos at Fantasea is back from his travels by the time you get there or you'll have to go to Beachcomber for your mussels.
 He's in New York just now and last year he didn't open till the beginning of June.
I hope he is back by may cos there the best ouzo mussels that we have had but if hes not open then i guess we will just have to wait until we go back in september.  Quick question do you know how do i upload my aviator photo ???

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
I will put the Afionas trip suggestion to Nula on my return from the UK next week. Panic over, Costas from Fantasia is back from the States as I was chatting with him last week  ;) Summer is nearly here, looking forward to our first guests arriving......

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »
I will put the Afionas trip suggestion to Nula on my return from the UK next week. Panic over, Costas from Fantasia is back from the States as I was chatting with him last week  ;) Summer is nearly here, looking forward to our first guests arriving......
Thank you Hilary I hope she agrees it would be a good idea and I'm sure it would be popular.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni