Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 19901 times)

Offline geordie40

• View Profile
First Visit
« on: August 25, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »
Got back from our first visit to SS on 16 August and have to say we (wife & 2 teenagers!!) fell in love with the place and people!! We have been to Corfu before but stayed in Sidari a couple of years ago with a stay in Pefkos (Rhodes) last year, however SS was perfect. We stayed at Terezas and it was perfect, the 2 girls had their own apartment with seaview which they thought was fantastic while we had the slightly larger apartment in the rear block.
The hotel was kept scrupulously clean and nothing was to much trouble even on the last day when there was no electricity in the whole village due to a fire so Leo told us.

We ate out in a different restaurant every night and never had a bad meal (although Chinese isn't my taste), I even managed to get the wife to come and watch a tribute act which once a few cocktails had been downed she enjoyed.

We did a couple of trips in the evening to Kassiopi & Corfu but the food wasn't as good, hired a boat for a few hours and went around to Arillas and St George and the kids and I went on one of Leo's inflatable rides where he unceremoniously dumped us all in the water at the end ;D.

To sum it all up it was the most relaxing/friendly place I have been in some time and will definitely think about going back although kids fancy skiing next

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: First Visit
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Geordie40. We go back to Teresa next Friday for our 13th time and can't wait. Each year it does get better and better. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Les Shark Boy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
As a first-timer myself this friday (woo hoo) great to read you had a nice holiday Geordie40!  :D
We're planning on a boat trip to Paleokistritsa (spelling!) and staying at Terezas too.
Oh and maybe the odd cocktail... ;D

Offline nursejoanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:36:34 PM »
 Have been going for 18 years now and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Have met and made life long friends and this year was the best yet.
Sans Stefanos is my little bit of paradise every year. :) :) :) :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:25:22 AM »
Hi Nursejoanne and welcome to the forums. Know exactly what you mean with "my little bit of paradise every year". We have only been going for 13 years and can't imagine going anywhere else and getting the same welcome as you do in San Stefanos. :) :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:19 AM »
Yep ss is a drug.first visit in 91 think only missed 4 years after my son was born.always managed to get there one way or another.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 05:00:52 PM »
Sans Stefanos is my little bit of paradise every year. :) :) :) :)

I heartily agree :)

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
First Visit to wonderful SS & the Barras Apartments
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 01:05:08 AM »
We got back from SS on Tuesday morning. This was our first time in Corfu & only our second holiday in Greece. After reading the reviews about SS, we were looking forward to nice, quiet, relaxing break & that is exactly what we got.

After an enjoyable, but hair raising transfer from the airport, we were left, outside Barras with another family, who were also first timers, so none of us knew where to go (THANKS A LOT THOMSON). After about 5 mins George arrived & showed us to our room.
We stayed in room 120, which was easily large enough for the 3 of us. The view from the balcony wasn't a great one, overlooking the stream & the Thomas Bay hotel. Although my daughter & myself enjoyed watching the terrapins, lizards & snakes in the stream. We hired a safety deposit box for 10€ but didn't bother with the air con, we just left the door open slightly during the night & sprayed the curtain with mozzie spray, which seemed to work.

The 10 days we were there, we were treated, like many of the other people that were staying there, like we had been going there for years. George & his family are absolutely fantastic. There wasn't many people staying there, which meant there were plenty of sunbeds & lots of room in the pool.

We ate in the Barras restaurant or bar, for breakfast or lunch & a couple of times for dinner. But most nights we ate in either Little Prince, Two Stars or Zorbas. What can I say. The food, the dancing & hospitality was first class. We were disappointed, that we ran days to try, the many more restaurants in this wonderful resort. I suppose we'll just have to return.

The day before our flight home, we asked George, if it was possible to have a late checkout room. As it was so warm, it was the best 20€ we spent.

Just one question, can anyone tell me, the names of the songs, that the waiters dance to in Zorbas & the Little Prince?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »
Glad you had a great first visit Steve B. As you say you will have to return to try some of the other Tavernas  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »
Steve - I'll ask them for a list of songs in September and post them up here.

Glad you liked it. You'll be back. It's all about warmth: warm sun, and warm friendliness.

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
WE were asked what we liked about SS & we couldn't put it down to one thing, but I guess those three would sum SS up.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »
Steve B

In Zorbas one of the songs will be called Siko Chorepse Sirtaki

cheers

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
The song I was after, was the one they usually dance to first around 9:00. The only link I could find is www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0XDXgbDnpo

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »
I shot that video for Gillie because she thinks Vassilis is one of the most gorgeous creatures on the planet!

Can't remember the name of the song, unfortunately.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »
There is a tape (obviously on cd now no doubt) that we bought back in the 80's with all the Greek classics on it (like play bouziki etc) - you must still be able to get it as they use the same songs pretty much in the restaurants - they are Greek classics!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni