Author Topic: Back last week!  (Read 13848 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Back last week!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 02:36:59 AM »
I agree with Dupnica - - no problem there - try it...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »
thanks all. I'm with you Gav, its not so much us putting up with tantrums etc (we're used to it!!), but the impact it has on the rest of the diners.  Its good to know that you all think it would be fine.  We're going at half term next year, so there might be a few more children around anyway.

We love trying out good restaurants here in the UK, so we'll make sure we try some of the others next time.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »
We ate at Beachcomber 3 times and Nate was fine.  He kicked off a little bit at times (he doesnt particularly like sitting in a high chair for long periods) but we just let him out and he had a wander round and then sat in his pushchair.

I agree that Sue is brilliant and nothing was a problem.  There were plenty of other kids eating there and they are totally fine with it.

Give it a go! :)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
It all depends on your child I guess. Mine is very well behaved but if I got him out of his pushchair or highchair then there's no way he'd go back in without a major kick off!!

I wouldn't have wanted to impact on a couple having a romantic wedding anniversary meal. Most folk are great with kids but some hate them!

My lad was great in most restaurants, he loved Zorbas and little Prince as there was a lot going on.
He was worse in the likes of Nafsika and Fantasea where it was quieter.
One night I got a Town Pizza delivered as he was that way out and there was no way I was gonna inflict him on others diners lol

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »
If children are well behaved I dont see a problem where they are taken, but we did encounter a family (the same one twice in fact) at Ozzy Oil where the children were totally out of control and were upsetting other diners (jumping over the pond and splashing diners, continually running round and round the place) - what were the parents doing sat well out of the way seemingly more bothered about ordering more wine!!!  We have 3 grown up children and 2 grandchildren and if any of them had behaved in that way they would have been in serious trouble!!!  Yet there was a family staying in our hotel with 2 very young children and they were also at Ozzy Oil the same night and you wouldnt have even known they were there - the parents had taken things such as crayons, etc I believe to entertain them.

We dont dislike children just parents who have no consideration for other diners!!

Gav I am sure your little boy would be fine he sounds well behaved.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »
I really don't like kids running around the tables. It has been known for me to take issue with friends and relatives for not stopping them. That's all. The vast majority are well-behaved.

It's a parent problem, really.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
The new Mediterranean Village has a children's play/chill area.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni