Author Topic: Back last week!  (Read 13844 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Back last week!
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:42 PM »
Hi - Just to say we had a brilliant time yet again in San Stefanos and to thank everyone on here for all their help. 
We stayed at the Tereza this time and had a great view from our room (top floor at the back the steps up to the room were a little daunting to say the least but I just made him go down in front of me every time!!).  The Tereza was a great place to stay and we will definitely be staying there again hopefully next year!
We ate out every night (other than the Greek night at the Tereza which was so much fun, the main meal wasnt brilliant but the entertainment made up for it!).  The original plan was to eat somewhere different every night and then eat at our favorite on the last night - didnt quite work out like that due to the wind from the sea on our last night! Here is a breakdown of where we ate and what we thought:
Yiannis - we loved it here, we ended up eating here on our first and last nights (not the original plan but was fine), although the second time we ate here wasnt quite as good as the first but that maybe because they were so busy that night!
Romanza - we thought both the food and the view of the sunset were amazing, the chef also came out and was chatting to us about different recipies that Mike had tried at home, etc.  The only problem with that was the hike up there, even from the Tereza it was still a hike - we will just have to make sure we are fitter next year so we can get up there more!!
Ozzy Oil - we ate here twice, the first time was the bbq and the second time was because we wanted to try a "proper" meal there.  We enjoyed the bbq more to be honest (other than the silly quiz they have on there and some unruly children, who just happened to be there the second time we ate there too). 
Little Prince- this was a good meal, cheaper than most others and good value but nothing to rave about.
Nafsika - now I had the moussaka, the best moussaka we had ever had.  Mike had something different and it was good but not as good as my moussaka.
Two Stars Mike loves this place, it was really nice and the food again was good but nothing special.
Manthos - now we got a bit confused with this one, and we think this was Manthos, but not too impressed - he had the fish and he never has fish so maybe we just picked the wrong food that night!
Evinos - we loved it here, the food was really good, the ambience and setting brilliant and so peaceful and just across the road from the Tereza so not far to walk home!!!
Fantasea - the food was so good here I nearly cried as I couldnt eat it all I was so full.  The staff were so friendly and helpful and the setting amazing.
Beachcomber - this place was gorgeous, the food, the setting - everything about it.  we ate here on our "special night" that we celebrate every year and we had decided to eat here on our last night but it was too windy to sit out unfortunately and we didnt want to sit inside on our last night!

We also ate at Tasty Corner which was good value food for a lunthtime. 
We ate at the Havana Bar several times on a lunchtime and enjoyed really good food here, even though we did have to wait a while one time as they were so busy!.
We ordered sandwiches from the juice bar and picked them up later in a cooler bag and they were excellent.
We also bought stuff (cheese pies included) from the bakery which was excellent!
We went tothe icecream parlour where I had an amazing waffle with chocolate icecream on it!!
We loved the fact that Costas brought us fresh fruit every day on teh beach!!

We didnt just eat and drink - we also did 2 trips! Corfu by day on the bus with San Stefanos travel - we enjoyed it but it was a very long hot day and ended up arguing as we sort of got lost and if we had listened to my other half we would still be there wandering the streets!!! We also went to Paleocastritsa by boat, this was an amazing day and what a beautiful place - not that I would ever want to stay there!

We met some amazingly friendly people and just had a brilliant time and have already priced it up for next year!!!

Sorry it was a bit long!!

Gavlah1973

Re: Back last week!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
Great review!!!

I think the clear thing that's coming through is that Fantasea has really raised it's game this year!

Well done to Kostas

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:37:48 PM »
Good review,I agree with gavlah.hope it continues at fantasea.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »
Me too - we loved fantasea!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »
Enjoyed your review Jacsksi

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:36:49 AM »
Glad to see you enjoyed both the food and view at Romanza. We didnt try many other restaurants this year owing to the great food at Romanza but had vowed to try Fantasea following the good reviews this year.
We have to agree the food was very good there and Jacksi is right the portions were huge, even though the plates were massive they were still full. My daughter had a childs meal and to be honest it was a good adult sized portion. Friendly service too, well done Fantasea. Next years restaurant to try for the first time.......Evinos I think following the positive reports recently.

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
Great review - isn't it funny how we all feedback on food experiences!!

I think next May we'll have to be more adventurous with our restaurant choices and activity - we need to venture further than Two Stars, Zorbas and Little Prince!  I'm thinking we should try Fantasea, Beachcomber, Nafsika and Ozzy Oil... mind you, if we don't try them all, it gives us another excuse to come back!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
I can totally recommend Beachcomber (3 times), Fantasea (3 times) and Ozzy Oil (once)

All brilliant meals.

The reason that Fantasea is so good is that the Nafsika's chef defected there at the beginning of the season...............!

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 02:23:09 PM »
How were they with children? Our son will be nearly 5 when we go next May - reasonably good at sitting still, but got bored after a while (understandably!), hence why we've tended to use Zorba's, 2 Stars and Little Prince for the entertainment.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
HI Woodman

My little boy is 3 and a bit and every place we ate in was brilliant with him.

Fantasea whipped out the highchair the minute they saw us arrive and equally had great kid friendliness at Nafsika, Zorba's, Tereza, Waves, Ozzy Oil, Two Star and Beachcomber.  Just made sure that I had crayons, pad and some cars for him to play with as well!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »
Just made sure that I had crayons, pad and some cars for him to play with as well!!

Gillie always takes a supply of them for me, as well.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
I think Woodman meant Beachcomber! !

One place we didnt even consider taking ours. Not because of the restaurant reception to him but more because it looks spectacular and I wouldn't want him being a little boy to encroach on others special meal

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »
Gav - you missed out - - nice review Jacksi - -simply and effectively put....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 01:31:13 AM »
I think Woodman meant Beachcomber! !

One place we didnt even consider taking ours. Not because of the restaurant reception to him but more because it looks spectacular and I wouldn't want him being a little boy to encroach on others special meal
Gav,I have known Sue for 25 years and she is one of the friendliest, most down to earth people you could wish to meet.
She designed the decor in the restaurant and she is a lady with good taste.She wanted something a bit different from the usual paper napkins
and table covers and cheap chairs and tables,she did it her way and she did it well,but don't be put off by all that you will be welcome with your little boy and if he gets restless you can always give him a run up and down the beach.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 01:50:10 AM »
I've no doubt but not everyone feels the same or is a tolerant. Thank god the only night he played up was in the Nafsica surrounded by great diners and staff.

I love kids but he was a test that night!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni