Author Topic: Delfino Blu.................  (Read 150315 times)

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu.................
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »
Own up, how many have given it helpful vote.
I'll put me hand up.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
Kostas has given his reply

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
Well done Kostas, (I bet he was secretly delighted to be benchmarked against the Savoy). I'm so glad we know both sides to the story. Good copy!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
Anybody else noticed that the little map called "Browse Nearby" puts Delfino Blu squarely in the middle of Agios Stephanos North EAST! :-)

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
Anybody else noticed that the little map called "Browse Nearby" puts Delfino Blu squarely in the middle of Agios Stephanos North EAST! :-)

Is that where you'd like it moved to Jim? If you click on the map, it then plants it firmly on the eastern side of the Greek mainland. According to TA, Fedra Mare is on the western side of the mainland too.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »
OMG - the lies Kostas has told.  I am emailing him directly - am fricking LIVID!!

"Regarding your review, you requested a specific table on the terrace at front for 10 persons, which was not possible as there isn’t space for a table that big there. Our restaurant supervisor offered you a side table, where you would be more comfortable, however as the weather forecast at that time was unpredictable, he had advised you to confirm your reservation on the day you were coming which you didn’t."

Err.....we booked the table at 11am in the morning for that evening - there was no need to confirm the booking. 

Due to the bad weather conditions on that specific day, the terrace was closed and the indoor restaurant was fully booked. When we didn’t get any call from you, the booking was cancelled because of the weather. The same thing that happened to you, happened with three other bookings that day.The parties had called to confirm and we were able to tell them the terrace was closed and they were able to amend their bookings.

LIAR!!  The terrace was not closed and indeed two other couples sat down to eat within 30 minutes of us arriving.

The interior of the restaurant was full and we kindly asked you to wait and take an aperitif until a table became available or to make a new reservation for the next day. Despite the fact all other guests were dining inside, you insisted on having a table fixed on the terrace, even though the service was not possible under these circumstances.

LIAR - refer above - the terrace was not closed.

SO LIVID!!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Is it possible that Kostas does not like beautiful women?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »
Should he not invest in some kind of structure with windbreaks like the Romanza, Athina, Aquarius has?
Therefore he would lessen the impact of the weather on potential bookings.

It was very breezy throughout June and Glenn at. Aquarius told me that the places on the front without the breaks would be losing business as folk were unable to eat outside

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »
Jimbo - I would laugh but I am too darn angry.   Can you review my email to Kostas because my Italian blood is raging and I fear that I am currently too angry to send anything objective.

This is my first draft:-

Kostas

I recently wrote a review for Delfino Blu on Trip advisor which you replied to yesterday.

To say that I am livid is frankly an understatement and I would like to settle the matter as you are clearly misguided around what actually happened that evening.

See below for your comments and my response:-

Your comment
First of all I would like to point out that all guests are welcomed in “Kohili” restaurant, regardless of whether they are staying in the hotel or not. You actually, mention that fact in your review as well, when you say that you have trusted our restaurant since 2008 and 2009. Nothing has changed with our dedication to quality and service standards.

My Reply
Not all guests are welcomed in your hotel and I know for a fact that people have been asked to leave the premises when simply looking around to see if it’s somewhere they would like to stay or eat.   Your reputation is known in the resort – I have defended the hotel in the past because I have had lovely meals there and have been treated well but you managed to ruin that in one evening.

Your Comment
Regarding your review, you requested a specific table on the terrace at front for 10 persons, which was not possible as there isn’t space for a table that big there. Our restaurant supervisor offered you a side table, where you would be more comfortable, however as the weather forecast at that time was unpredictable, he had advised you to confirm your reservation on the day you were coming which you didn’t.

My Reply
This is an outright lie.  My husband booked the table around 11am in the morning and we were eating at 8pm that night – he was never told he had to reconfirm the table due to the fact we were eating the same evening.    You host wedding parties at the hotel – I fail to see how a table of 10 people threw up such problems for you.  Rubbish.   

Your comment
Due to the bad weather conditions on that specific day, the terrace was closed and the indoor restaurant was fully booked. When we didn’t get any call from you, the booking was cancelled because of the weather. The same thing that happened to you, happened with three other bookings that day. The parties had called to confirm and we were able to tell them the terrace was closed and they were able to amend their bookings.

My reply
Another lie.   The terrace was NOT closed that evening – yes it was slightly windy but not badly enough to close a terrace and besides which there was another couple who arrived within 30 minutes of us and were dining next to our table with their son!!

Your comment
The interior of the restaurant was full and we kindly asked you to wait and take an aperitif until a table became available or to make a new reservation for the next day. Despite the fact all other guests were dining inside, you insisted on having a table fixed on the terrace, even though the service was not possible under these circumstances.

My reply
We were told to wait at the pool bar until our table for 10 was ready on the terrace.   The service was possible because you were quite happy to seat the couple with their son on the table next to us and fawn over them all night.   Obviously they were hotel guests so clearly entitled to wonderful service and not having their table cancelled.

You have done absolutely nothing to reaffirm my faith in your hotel or your staff by this ficitious reply to my review.   I will never eat at your hotel again, nor will I recommend you (as I have in the past).   

I am also interested in the disportionate amount of 5* reviews the hotel has and the incredibly small number of poor reviews.   Looking at the best 5 and 6 star hotels in the world, they all have a proportionate amount of average or bad reviews yet the Delfino Blu does not.   Considering my initial review was pulled by Trip advisor after several days being live on the site, I am starting to wonder how many other negative reviews have been taken down to preserve your ratings.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »
Send it! Bet you don't get a reply.

Love your "Italian blood."

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2013, 06:51:06 PM »
Ha ha!!  He is going to regret tangling with me!!  ;D

I want to calm down and read it tomorrow - I also want to think about anything else I want to add in.

Honestly - I cannot believe how much he has lied to preserve his 5* rating on TA - and all those people who found my review helpful now probably believe the crap he has written!!

I've looked to see if you can reply to his comments and you can't without doing another review.

i.e. Kostas gets the last word!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
Perhaps you could also ask one of your party of 10 to write a review?

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »
or all 10 that would certainly put the proverbial cat among the pigeons!!
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2013, 06:39:41 PM »
Silverstar - I think in writing directly to Kostas, you have the opportunity to correct any inaccuracies in his reply - but I don't know how that can be corrected on TA (could/would he amend his reply?).  As he has invited you to contact him, I think you also have the opportunity to point out what many people on this forum have said about how they appear to make visitors unwelcome - reiterating the point about them being potential future guests.

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
I think Lesley had the right idea. Get other members of your party to also post a review but use it to also challenge what kosta has written given that you yourself can't reply.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni