Author Topic: Delfino Blu.................  (Read 150317 times)

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu.................
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
last time I looked at it before it was removed there were 14 helpful votes of it!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:01:22 PM by Caz »

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Still no reply from TA......

Thx for number Caz, will give it a try on Monday - I did the dropdown bit and found the where is my review bit and also sent amessage via that as well as general cust complaints bit

This is just so random?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2013, 03:45:25 AM »
It's odd that different customers  (us) have different experiences there - -  -
I still remember the day that Mango opened up on the beach - - we didn't go there that year but decided to try it the next time, as we always went to Havana Bar.

We went to try Mango with our friends Alan & Carole the following holiday.
I remember it well as we laughed about the miserable treatment we received from Kostas, when ordering lunch, just like Basil Fawlty, he was a misery.

These were the days when Mango had no downstairs toilets, and the only toilet was up near the pool.
As we waited for lunch the girls asked where the toilets were, initially Kostas refused to allow them up the stairs to use the loo.
I went over and said if we couldn't use the toilet, then we were walking out and spending our money in Havana Bar.
He grumpily then allowed them to go, but almost chucked the lunch plates on the table in front of us - - he never cracked a smile.
We never went back there until many years later - 2011 in fact because Mango had been extended and refurbished and we had a very young Grandchild with us.
It was safer for the child as they had a small wall to prevent a drop on to the beach, unlike Havana.
Then - no Kostas around - toilets in the bar - lovely staff - good lunch food.

Such a shame that the "Fawlty Towers" attitude still rears it's ugly head in the Hotel though.
I doubt I will ever want to stay there with all the feedback we hear.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
I would definitely exclude the Mango Bar staff from any criticism. Last year and this year they have been nothing but friendly and cheerful.

Must say, though, that in the later end of July we camped outside Mistral; there were far fewer people down that end of the beach, probably because there was a teeny bit of in-shore seaweed.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »
Still no reply from TA - completely disgraceful!!

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 03:07:19 PM »
I would definitely exclude the Mango Bar staff from any criticism. Last year and this year they have been nothing but friendly and cheerful.

Three of the waiters working at Mango (Silviu, Michael and Julian) also wait in the hotel.  Aline (Silviu's wife), her mother, Alex and Alexandra work on the beach.

Kostas must train the staff to have a no visitors policy for his hotel and pool area.  They seem to thrive on repeat business - and their near perfect Trip Advisor reports!!  ;)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »
Ok - just rang TA and after a very long around the houses conversation they said that there system showed an email being sent to me on 27/8 as to reasons why the review was taken down.

I never received that email and have my Spam as well so they said they will resend.....

I asked why reviews are taken down after being 'live' for several days and they said that the immigration team look at posts once live and then they might not meet the 'criteria' and get removed.

This has got Kostas written all over it.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »
Bet TA think most people would have got fed up by now and have given up on this

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
I wonder if DB advertises on TA?

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »
When you get their reasoning can you repost omiting whatever bit they don't like but getting your point across

Gavlah1973

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
I emailed also at the start of last week. Not heard anything either

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
I'm telling some friends in the village about this and it will get around quickly - this absolutely stinks.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
I wonder if DB advertises on TA?
I wonder if TA get discounts on holidays at DB. OH NO!! DID I REALLY SAY THAT? Excuse me while  I go and wash my mouth out with soap.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »
I assume silverstar has not yet received the "re-sent" email. An email takes from one millisecond to twenty minutes to arrive (depending on the server) so it looks like we can assume that they haven't sent it once or twice or ever.

They have not replied to Gavin or me. We must let their stated response time elapse before rocking the boat.

However - for several years I hosted a consumer radio phone-in, and I know how interested broadcasters would be in in determining how impartial TA actually is.

DB has an extraordinary number of wonderful reviews. Currently it's 346. The Dolder Grand in Zurich, one of Europe's top hotels (where I've stayed - thanks, Granada TV) has 298. The Ritz has 932.  Nafsika has 192. Little Prince has 55. Fedra Mare: 22. Barras: 32. Romanza: 171.

Wow! Those DB customers are busy. 

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:08 AM »
Very interesting figures Jimbo

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni