Author Topic: what is going on  (Read 15203 times)

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: what is going on
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
Not for me either, so tend to stick to the old village, but as Jimbo says keeps people in work and if you like that sort of entertainment then you will be well catered for. Variety is the spice of life.

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »
Yup live and let live plenty of quieter bars if thats your preference

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 02:10:09 AM »
We like a mix of quiet nights and good conversation and good live entertainment for when you are in the mood.
Still think my favourite nights for entertainment are Teresas and Romanza's BBQ nights and Ozzie Oils Kerry on a tuesday - -
but do like to hear yourself and be able to chat - - - - must say I enjoy Keith and Steve's gigs as well  -- - like I say - a good mix.....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »
We like to walk into the village for a drink and to see what's happening but at 10 o'clock when all the live acts start that's our queue to walk back to the peace and quiet of the old part of the village but that's our personal choice and if this helps keeps people in the village making money that's good everyone's different

Offline i love greece

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
I notice that people seem to be following the entertainment, basicaly going where ever there is a show, wether it be a Tribute act, band ect.
So to me it seems that most people are looking for entertainment.
I don't think the bars would go through the effort of finding and paying for entertainment if they felt it unnecessary. But unfortunately if they see that it works they will do it as it seems that people enjoy it because without entertainment most of the bars are empty unless they have karaoke or a quiz which also seems to be very popular.
Overall they are not charging to watch the shows yet they are paying for them and i'm sure there not all cheap, they are offering them for free. You actualy have to pay to see a Tribute act in the UK.
The bars don't put entertainment every night so there is always a place for everyone to go, if you don't like Tributes just avoid them when they are on.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »
I notice that people seem to be following the entertainment, basicaly going where ever there is a show, wether it be a Tribute act, band ect.
So to me it seems that most people are looking for entertainment.
I don't think the bars would go through the effort of finding and paying for entertainment if they felt it unnecessary. But unfortunately if they see that it works they will do it as it seems that people enjoy it because without entertainment most of the bars are empty unless they have karaoke or a quiz which also seems to be very popular.
Overall they are not charging to watch the shows yet they are paying for them and i'm sure there not all cheap, they are offering them for free. You actualy have to pay to see a Tribute act in the UK.
The bars don't put entertainment every night so there is always a place for everyone to go, if you don't like Tributes just avoid them when they are on.
I have never seen a tribute act,but then I wouldn't go to see the real Lady Ga Ga,Beyonce etc.but I realise some people enjoy them.
 Many of you will remember years ago when the main entertainment of the week was Party Night at one or other of the old Tavernas.
 Traditional dancers in traditional dress and you had to book a table in advance because they were so popular.But the real highlight of the night was   when the local "boys" arrived (Captain Nikos,Leon etc), the evening really took off when they started dancing,Magic! I wonder if the present generation of young men have the same interest in dance or is this a tradition that will die out,I hope not.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »
You also dont have to pay a tribute act in the UK all of the time!!!
Working Mens Clubs and pubs have them all the time for free.
It's usually the quality of any act that dictates whether you pay or not!!!!

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
Does anyone remember quiz nights at Pandoras ?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »
Yep,I remember pandoras and visited a few times but don't remember a quiz nite.regarding tribute acts,not my thing.my opinion is you visit a country for its own culture and traditions.but everybody to their own choice.so long as everybody enjoys,that's the impotant thing.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni