Author Topic: Mozzies now  (Read 37647 times)

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Mozzies now
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »
Hi GillyW yes we got home eventually late Wednesday but had to fly into Luton !!! Kids ok now.We found up in the bungalow the mozzies were about in the day,think we were better down where we were.We are back 19th August till 2nd Sept but think we just miss you.Going to try your walk up the path off Main Street through the olive grove will let you know how we get on.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
 Bad news for Mythos drinkers!!! According to The Mail today mosquitoes are more attracted to beer drinkers!!
 Not only that they also prefer people with group O blood and sweaty feet.So,as a non beer drinking,group A blood type with permanently
 cool feet I know now why I rarely get bitten,hooray!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »
Well I don't know how true this is - but I still haven't had one Mossie bite in 30 years of San Stef, while others around me had been a mozzies lunch.
I do have a less common bloodgroup and I take anti-histamines - but I do like a beer - so how do you explain it?
The annoying thing is that I walk the dogs in my local park - - - I walk through clouds of Gnats at certain times and pick up occasional Gnat bites
- so whatever the Mozzies don't like - the Gnats do!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »
Well I don't know how true this is - but I still haven't had one Mossie bite in 30 years of San Stef, while others around me had been a mozzies lunch.
I do have a less common bloodgroup and I take anti-histamines - but I do like a beer - so how do you explain it?
The annoying thing is that I walk the dogs in my local park - - - I walk through clouds of Gnats at certain times and pick up occasional Gnat bites
- so whatever the Mozzies don't like - the Gnats do!!
I guess you must be one of the lucky ones that mosquitoes ignore,or it could be that after 30 years they've got so used to you they treat you like an old friend.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »
No - they still buzz around me but never feed off me - - not sure why - - same in every country - - I felt sure they would bite in India etc - but no!!
Linda does get a few bites each year though.... so they are around...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 09:33:21 PM »
It is strange. I have rarely suffered in my travels, and not been bothered by them in Corfu. Two weeks ago, however, I was bitten three times in a pub garden in Warwickshire. (Not the locals, mosquito's)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
You cant compare our gnats and midges to the Central European Mozzie..... totally different

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »
3rd day here and 24 bites and counting!!!!!! More stuff than boots but might as well not bother!!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »
You must taste nice Soulie

Offline MGH

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2013, 12:39:50 AM »
Staying at Rose Garden apartments for a week from 9 th Sept. Mozzies always love me, got the usual sprays for ourselves any tips for what to spray our room at the apartment with, just in case ?

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
We tried everything and nothing worked so we did say next year gonna take a tin of fly n wasp spray killer to spray room as much as we can. See if that helps. I would say take a tin when u go see if that helps

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
They sell it in the supermarkets!

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
Sod me never thought of looking for it!!

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
We spray all rooms when leaving in the evening to eat.We have been here a week and rooms mossie free so far.Weather glorious beach wider than when we were here in June.In fact loving it once again.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »
For the room we just leave the Jungle Formula plug ins 24 / 7 and then the air con helps as well. Don't normally get bit these days.
 Citronella candles should help as well whilst you are in your room.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni