Author Topic: Stressing - bit of advice needed!!  (Read 14216 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Stressing - bit of advice needed!!
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
Its about 6 years since we have been on holiday and it not been all inclusive and I am starting to stress a little if we are going to have enough spending money for the whole 2 weeks.

We are staying at the Tereza bed and breakfast.  We like to eat well on an evening and snack at lunch,  and a few drinks, mainly on an evening.  There are a couple of trips we want to do via San Stefanos Travel and we will spell our days either on the beach or around the pool.  We dont like to skimp, etc.

I dont want to be nosey but just wondering roughly how much people tend to spend over a 2 week holiday nowadays.   I know everyone is different but some idea would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.   

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Stressing - bit of advice needed!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:01:50 PM »
Hi Jacksi We usually look to spend about €80 / €100 per day and this includes lunches, snacks, evening meals , drinks , hiring a quad bike etc. Some days can also be less than this. :)
This is just for the 2 of us  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:15:04 AM by Jules »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
We were spending around €40 - €50 on an evening meal. Usually 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 kids meal and a litre carafe of wine.
Pint of Mythos is circa €2.50 and Spirit/Mixer €3.50/€4

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 01:59:18 AM »
We took £120 / €145 per day (2 x adults and 1 x 4 year old child) but we ate out for breakfast, lunch and tea every day and I like a good drink most afternoons and evenings as I'm sure Glenn at Aquarius would agree. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:21:32 AM »
If you are on a budget as many people are - you can buy from the bakers for lunch - - and evening meals can be had for €9 as a special for 2 or 3 course.
As a couple for 2 weeks we would spend around €800 - 900+ for drinks and meals (Breakfast lunch dinner) etcetc
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:43:22 AM »
We normaly bank on a thousand euro for 2 weeks.eating out well every evening.midday snack.breakfast at the appartment some days,then full english eating out.its what you want to make of it yourself.always have emergency back up for mythos and mojhitos.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
Agree rilo, around a thousand sterling in euros for the two weeks, and some backup sterling just in case!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
We have just got back and for everything, breakfast, late lunch, evening meal plus drinks and couple of drinks during the day, we spent 1600 euros for the two of us in 2 weeks.  But everyone is different, depends on what you eat and drink.  As Tony says, you can get some inexpensive evening meals at a set price.  These are all delicious wherever you go! Happy holiday!

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 10:49:32 PM »
Thanks for your help and advice! I thought about taking around 1000 coverted to euros for the 2 weeks with a bit extra in sterling - just in case! So from what you are all saying that should be more or less ok not to have to skimp!! 
Maybe an expensive meal one night followed by a cheaper one another night would work out ok and be a good idea!
Thanks for your help can't wait now just I've a week to wait!!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »
I'm sure you will be ok.no stress needed.we go on Monday.where are you staying

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:49:02 AM »
We are staying at the Tereza - where are you staying?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »
That's a great place,nice views.we are at pelie and marias,up behind the paper shop.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 01:33:44 AM »
One of the great things about San Stef is that there are places that will suit most budgets  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 01:40:06 AM »
I agree.that's why so many people return year after year.you know your always welcomed with open arms,and its genuine.the most friendly place I have spent my holidays

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
HI Jacksi
We're also staying at Teresa's arriving next Monday so we'll see you there.
Some good budget options are the Greek night at Teresa's which is E10 for a two course meal and Greek dancing etc and the BBQ at Ozzie Oils on a Tues which I think is still E12 for a meal and Kerrie sings.
The food at Teresa's is also good and reasonably priced and you get a free half liter carafe of wine.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni