Author Topic: Romanza Hotel  (Read 28357 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza Hotel
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Ian has taken his towel and left the forum. George has accused Gavin of racism.

Think you need to revise the Gavin bit here Jimbo, read it again!!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Good on you for being a man and bringing up the subject face to face Rod! Even if a satisfactory solution wasn't reached, atleast you tried!

Thanks D@G.  I must stress that I found the sunbed booking more irritating than anything and we were more concerned about other guests that possibly were less mobile than us. 

YANNIS26

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
Yiannis, your memory is going.  You could'nt wait to tell the rest of your gang about our confidential little chat.  Your EXACT words were "they (me and wifey) dont like me putting towels on beds".  You also excused your sunbed booking exploits due to the fact that that you were sitting on or nearby the aforementioned sunbeds.  We also discussed your frustrations and apathy towards the San Stef forum and the wife taking the mickey out of your name (she still refers to you as Ian).  Honestly, we still remember.  I have no idea as to what kind of personanality you have by the way and this is not a personal attack.  However, I do know that you are the kind of person who books sunbeds en masse.  (Did I really type that last sentence)?

You do realise Jimbo is getting great material for his new book/tv programme from these ramblings dont you?
Hi Rod
It is my word against yours & I know I am telling the truth.This last post of yours is a tissue of lies from start to finish.One good thing about it is my decision to jump ship is made far much easier .Certain people will be delighted to know this is my last ever post.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
Hi Rod
It is my word against yours & I know I am telling the truth.This last post of yours is a tissue of lies from start to finish.One good thing about it is my decision to jump ship is made far much easier .Certain people will be delighted to know this is my last ever post.
Yammas
Yiannis

I do NOT tell lies!  Do you know in an earlier post you asked why I never mentioned our discussion.  I thought I was being discreet and polite by not naming you as I knew you were a regular on here.  But you came storming in to brag that it was you.  I'm certainly not delighted that it may be your last post but not too upset either.  I shall refrain from name calling or branding you a liar.

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »
This topic seems to be turning sour and no one wants to see anyone leave the forum. I see that both sides of the coin have been discussed and unless you wish to post a consrtuctive comment related to the topic, I would ask that forum rivalries be left at the door.  

Offline romanza man

• SanStef Regular
  • July 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »
Well said Cerys, this year will be our 9th year of going to the Romanza, in all our time going there we have not come up against anything like this. no matter what time of the day that we go round the pool area we have always managed to get a sunbed, even when we have left the pool area and returned later there was always sunbeds free. All i can say is roll on monday so we can get back to our favourite holiday destination.
Chill out folks. ;)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 09:46:36 PM »
I would like to add a comment.I can see both sides of things here.Two years running we stayed at Nafsica, booked direct with Speros.On both of those holidays most of the sun beds had towels on before breakfast had started, not from people staying at Nafsica, but from the appartments around.Which to be honest was a bit annoying, we dont use a pool everyday, like the beach also, but when you are forced to go elsewhere its not nice.Now looking at it from the other side, we have been going selfcatering for many years also, and use many of the pools around the village, but tend to only go around 10 so at least it gives the chance for the residents to get beds if needed.I think its just a case of useing your loaf and some give and take, after all everybody wants a nice relaxing holiday.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
 This is all getting a bit petty and childish isn't it? We never lie around any pools,preferring the beach or going for walks or meeting
 friends in the taverna and having a chat,but hey ho each to his own.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:02 PM »
All, I'm reverting to Yammas Bar where this conversation can carry on with the Members without the outside world looking at the dirty washing :-)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 10:07:42 PM »
From our own personal point of view we never put towels down before we want to sunbathe by the pool at Teresa. If we got back to the pool and there wasn't any room we would use the beach . Glad to say though we have never had the problem of not getting a lounger either by the pool or on the grass area.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Ive no issue someone leaving them and then going for breakfast. As long as you're going to spend the vast majority of the day on them!!

Romanza Man..... it deffo happened when we were all there..... a certain group, whom im sure you know who...... used to lay on them on the morning then would go for 'a quick drink' around lunchtime and never return!!
One night we went out and they were still there at 8pm, sat around the bar, in there trunks etc. Towels still on loungers!!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
Yiannis - stay - don't go.  This is democracy and everyone has a right to their own opinions - to be said freely and without judgement.  Yiannis you are valued by so many on here - that has got to feel good.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 01:58:51 AM »
Cerys - I never said a word - - - - - - it wasn't me!! Honest1!!!

But for the record - - I have just bought ten new Kevlar Towels with loops and motorbike cable locks....
I intend to lock my bullet-proof towels to the Romanza beds and go for a walk.........

C'mon you lot chill out please - - -and don't nick my sunbeds.......
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:13:25 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 12:10:29 AM »
As he gone yet  ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni