Author Topic: Prices  (Read 12451 times)

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Prices
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
To all you local people and friends of San stef.what is the average price in bars and resteraunts for half ltr bottle methos glass of wine spirit with mixer typical meal ie kleftico or steaks Greek salad giros pitter thanks vince

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »
Hi Vince, can't recall exactly but sure others will add some detail if I'm way off . Specials  - 2 courses were around 8 - 10 euros for standard dishes , many restaurants had a limited number of starters and mains within this range. A la carte - Selection of starters  usually 4 - 8E give or take, mains 7E up over, top dishes around 10 / 12 ( keep me right here gang ) steaks and signatures a wee bit more. Bottles of wine 10 -15 ish for half decent tipples, also  very palatable house carafes usually 7-8E ( 4/5 small carafe ) Beers 2.5. - 3E , spirits 4 with mixer, cocktails around 5E - watch for happy hrs promotions etc often down to 3E early doors. Soft drinks 2 - 3E on average. Decent wines from super markets as low as 5-6E unless you are a connoisseur of course, bottled beer as low as 1.3 . Just need to add I was drunk most of the time so take these prices with a pinch of salt!  Hope you enjoy your trip.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:24:50 AM »
You are probably not far off there Sellsy give or take the odd euro
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
Just to confirm that Sellsy was indeed drunk most of the time but that was as a result of the bad influence of our respective better halfs leading us astray!
Vincemac you will find meal and drink prices compare favourably with other Euro destinations and Sellsy's prices are accurate. For a bargain visit tasty corner for gyros.

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
Thanks that was really helpfully not long now I am looking forward to my holidays we spent two weeks in arillas in August 2010

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
An update on some prices. Generally eating out and drinking, same prices as last year. El Greco advertising large draught Mythos at 2 euros thirty, most are 2.50-3.00. Bottled beers from the Corfu brewery are more expensive, around 3.50-4.00.
Bottled Greek lager in Aspa supermarket is 1.05-1.15 for a large bottle, i think 1.05 for Fix, Mythos 1.10 and Alfa 1.15 if I've got it in the right order.

A loaf from the bakery is 90 cents as per last year, Croissants 1.20.

Zest for life juice bar prices seemed to be the same as last hear as well.

Petrol up a bit again, shop around as a litre varied from 171.9-184.9. Be aware the BP garage beside the breweryy is 184.9, something I only found out as the car was being filled, the prices are only showing on the board if you come from the Magoulades direction! If I'd waited until we got down to Sidari/Roda, I'd have saved 10 cents a litre.

Excursion prices at San Stef and the other agents all about the same as last year.

Got a good price agaiin this year for four days car hire from Valantis at San Stef Car Hire.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 04:13:26 PM »
Thanks for the update Gordon. This will be a big help for everyone planning there budgets :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 06:24:54 PM »
Hi - this is all very helpful as we have been all inclusive the past few years out of Europe and have no idea how much things are in Greece/San Stefanos now.   I just helps us think about how much spending money we will need.

Thanks - any other price tips would be very much appreciated.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
There tomorrow.  I'll report over the next few days

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
There tomorrow.  I'll report over the next few days
us aswell

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:28:23 AM »
hi all
 what is the most widely accepted card in the village. visa or mastercard or equal?? had no reply to my recent post posted in information and am in a bit of a quandary regarding a travelex cash passport .. thanks in advance .. Tony

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
hi all
 what is the most widely accepted card in the village. visa or mastercard or equal?? had no reply to my recent post posted in information and am in a bit of a quandary regarding a travelex cash passport .. thanks in advance .. Tony
I am taking only euros the rate in San steff is poor

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »
poor rate everywhere Vince ... found an old travelex passport and Tesco have a deal on..if you load it in multiples of 500 you get 5 pound free . not much I know but evry little helps . I am told its available to use in all places displaying the mastercard sign but it says visa on the card . confused.com. !!!  the rate in Tesco to buy is 1.124 at the moment ..where they get 1.17 from on the telly ill never know ? thinking the card may be good idea for the lump of my spends and just take so much to get me by for few days . always avliotes or sidari if the atm don't work in the village .

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
poor rate everywhere Vince ... found an old travelex passport and Tesco have a deal on..if you load it in multiples of 500 you get 5 pound free . not much I know but evry little helps . I am told its available to use in all places displaying the mastercard sign but it says visa on the card . confused.com. !!!  the rate in Tesco to buy is 1.124 at the moment ..where they get 1.17 from on the telly ill never know ? thinking the card may be good idea for the lump of my spends and just take so much to get me by for few days . always avliotes or sidari if the atm don't work in the village .
yes mate I looked at all avenues and do every time we go into the euro zone. With the rate we got 115 I found that if I changed at resort I would pay 2% commission there fore I have took all euros and won't need to change in resort

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »
been told that the rate should improve a little in next few weeks . hardly concerns us in the grand scheme of things (maybe save enough for a mythos if we shop around) . all part of the preholiday excitement though!!   1.46 in 2002 is a distant memory .

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni