Author Topic: Taxi from Airport to Little Prince  (Read 17884 times)

Offline mike30542

• View Profile
Taxi from Airport to Little Prince
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »
I am trying to decide if a taxi transfer from the airport is worth it. Our flight is due to land at 8.05pm on 7 June & our Thomson booking includes coach transfer. I would not anticipate the coach leaving until 9 pm at the earliest & then depending on the number of drop-offs I guess the transfer could take anything up to two & a half hours. (This time taken from Thomson brochure -how accurate might that be?).
San Stefanos Travel website is quoting 55 euros for a taxi transfer. Anyone know how long the journey takes at that time of night? I'm only interested in a one way transfer because quite prepared to use Thomson coach for journey back to airport.
Any help appreciated.
Mike

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Taxi from Airport to Little Prince
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
Last year the coach took us 1hr 35mins from setting off. (This was at around 8pm)

I can't help you with the time that a taxi takes I'm afraid, this year will be our first year using a taxi for the transfer.

YANNIS26

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »
The taxi transfer takes between 45-60 mins depending on traffic.At that time of night it should be closer to 45min.The bus transfer can be anything from 1.5-2.5 hrs depending on stops.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
Or looking at it another way you could be at the little Prince drinking a nice cold Mythos before the coach leaves the airport

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Last year taxi took 50 minutes door to door - at 7.45pm on a Monday night

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »
It will of course be quite an expensive Mythos!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »
In our experience it only takes at most 45mins at that time of evening by taxi. Regardless of the time a coach full of holidaymakers will take between 2 to 2.5 hours especially if they go via Kassiopi and Sidari which I have experienced before (it was horrible). Always book a taxi.

We arrive at 8pm on Friday 19th July and I expect to be sipping the first of many Mythos at the Fedra Mare bar by 9.30 at the latest. May even have a flying visit to Tasty Corner. Mmmm.   
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
Quickest coach we've had was 1 hour 20 minutes.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 02:45:52 AM »
A lot depends on arrival time. We normally arrive mid morning, and the coach trip is not unpleasant.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
Personally having tried the taxi last year it is the best option as I get terrible travel sickness on the coach. Time last year was roughly 50 minutes. The worst coach transfer we had was on our first visit in 2000 and it took nearly 4 hours as it went all through Sidari doing drop offs. The best coach transfer took just over an hour and we didn't do any drop offs before us at Teresa
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
I have in the past used Corfu Airport Transfers.com and they are excellent,their current rate for 1-4 passengers is 48 euros,around £42 at today's tourist exchange rates.For the last 2 years have hired a car from Valantis and it only takes 90 minutes including stops at Lidl and Sconto for the initial provisions and the prices more than pay for the car hire.Roll on June 10th.

Offline mike30542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
I have in the past used Corfu Airport Transfers.com and they are excellent,their current rate for 1-4 passengers is 48 euros,around £42 at today's tourist exchange rates.For the last 2 years have hired a car from Valantis and it only takes 90 minutes including stops at Lidl and Sconto for the initial provisions and the prices more than pay for the car hire.Roll on June 10th.
Thanks Papapetros.
Anyone else who may be interested in a taxi transfer please note: Corfuairporttransfers.com are quoting 79.81 euros. The site quoting 48 euros is Corfuairporttransfer.com (note there is no "s" at the end).
Thanks to everyone for your help & advice. We will be booking a private taxi transfer but not sure just yet whether to use San Stefanos Travel or Corfuairporttransfer.com. Waiting for confirmation of  SS Travel's current price.

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 07:10:19 PM »
Sorry about the 'S' Mike,but pleased you found the site and you will not have a problem with them.The better news is that the saving will pay for almost 3 Coffees !

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
 Or three GandTs if you run out of the supplies you bought at Lidl !!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »
We've taken a taxi from the airport for the last two years arriving early afternoon on the Friday, journey time 45-60 mins. Cost was 55 euros each time and we asked Mike at the Little Prince to book it for us. Heard that SS travel also good. We'll be doing the same this year, it's great to get up there with no hassles.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni