Author Topic: Busy on the Beach  (Read 55184 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Busy on the Beach
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »
Agree with Gav about this.

Bee - the sunbeds outside Mango are firmer, higher and classier than the others. You might find fewer problems with them. Plus you get a free bucket of ice and a bottle of water. You can even get drinks and snacks delivered to you as you lie there like a princess!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:52:46 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Bont Boyo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »
Agree with Gav about this.

Bee - the sunbeds outside Mango are firmer, higher and classier than the others. You might find fewer problems with them. Plus you get a free bucket of ice and a bottle of water. You can even get drinks and snacks delivered to you as lie there like a princess!

Must agree, beds outside Mango are awesome ;D ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 01:24:47 AM »
Towels on the beach are great...but have you seen some of the ants that inhabit the sand? I have a theory that a lot of the bites/stings we blame on mossies, particularly on ankles and lower legs are from ants or other things at ground level.
Yes I think you are right.  I even got stung in the sea last time we were there, don't know what it was but it was something I trod on.  Foot blew up like a balloon!! :'(

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »
Yes Bee, I know what you mean, my husband has mobility problems as he has Parkinsons, but he is more comfortable in the quietness down the nudie end, but unfortunately the sunbeds don't stretch that far, otherwise we would probably use them ;)

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »
To be honest I dont really like the beach but I go because Gill likes it, however, I insist on a good sunbed and parasol so I dont have to sit on the sand.

I would rather sit on burning coal than sand but hey thats just me!

Andy

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 01:33:44 AM »
We always take some Antihistamine tablets (not cream) to help against reaction to stings/bites. There are certainly plenty of stingers and biters about!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »
Love the beach for walking on but prefer to sunbathe by the pool
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
Karen

There was a lad from up our way in Yorkshire who was in Zante with his girlfriend. He got off a boat and trod on something like you in the sea.
Foot swelled up and he went to the docs who gave him the usual jabs/tablets and sent him on his way.
Unfortunately he's now paralysed because of it!! Poor bloke. Apparantly these fish are common in Greece etc and some folk reat terribly to their stings

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »
Gav, that is terrible! I do react to bites and stings and have spent a lot of time at the docs in San Stefanos having steroid injections!!  I take all the necessary precautions but sometimes they still get you!! It wouldn't stop me going though. 8)

Gavlah1973

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
I wouldn't worry so much about sea urchins in the sea around San Stefanos beach, not very common at all, In fact I've never seen one.

I was in Skiathos last August though and there were literally hundreds of them in the rocks just yards from the beach. I was surprised none of the restaurants had them on the menu tbh.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »
Thanks Gav.  I think I remember reading this at the time.  He seems a positive young man, let's hope he improves.  May stay out of the sea this year!........... :-\

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
I also have never seen anything hostile, including sea urchins, in AS.

Best thing for sea-urchins is urine. Pee in a carrier bag and immerse foot. It's a kind of social thing, because you can get everybody to contribute!

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »
This sounds great fun! Need to find a bag with no holes in it though?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »
It looks like they have piled up the seaweed like they did last year, ready for loading up and taking away.  Hopefully then the sunbirds will appear!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni