Author Topic: Is this type of report good ?  (Read 4487 times)

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Is this type of report good ?
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

In yesterdays ( 13-4-2012 ) Times travel supplement was an article about the best boutique hotels in Greece.  At number five out of twenty was Delfino Blu ,San Stefanos  N W Corfu,  obviously good for Kostas and his business, but do we want " Our Secret " to be revealed to all the world or am I being selfish.
 I do wonder sometimes how much development can take place at San Stef . I am a comparative newcomer , been visiting since 2001 , but even in that time it has changed a lot. Ultimately the airport is the limiting factor , is there room for another in N Corfu ,  very unlikely .

Adventure before dementia

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Is this type of report good ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:10:19 PM »
I don't think there's much expansion going on. The biggest building works is actually Delfino Blue itself. I doubt if there's any money around in the current climate.

There are also several unfinished blocks, empty tavernas and so on. Little Prince's new wing shows no signs of being finished. So I don't think we're going to see a Spanish-style building boom.

Although the trip from the airport is a pain, huge numbers of people will not book anything with a transfer longer than an hour or so, so it's in a way an advantage.

As it's mostly the mountains that slow things down, a tunnel would be a good solution!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Is this type of report good ?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
I know how you feel Tenbeech.I am loathe to tell people where I stay as I want to get my favourite apartment each year.

As regards the airport it was modernised and the terminal enlarged a few years ago and even now it's a nightmare.

The ideal place to build a new one would be in the Ropa Valley,it's central and inland so no chance of landing in the sea

but as it's the main agricultural area and home to hundreds of gypsies I don't think there is much chance of that.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni