Author Topic: Athina Hotel San Stefanos  (Read 10356 times)

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
Athina Hotel San Stefanos
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
Hi, we have booked the Athina  Hotel in August 2012, and this is our first holiday to Corfu.  I have not seen any recent updates anywhere about the Hotel, and I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been recently (last year or this year). We are really looking forward to our holiday, and Corfu Looks AMAZING!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Athina Hotel San Stefanos
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:28:04 AM »
Hi Paularider7 and welcome to the forums. Yes Corfu is amazing and San Stefanos is a little gem. Once the season gets fully up and running you will find people will post about the various hotels and apartments. Other than that there will be someone who stayed there last year and will give you any info you may need.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:19:39 AM »
Hi, we have booked the Athina  Hotel in August 2012, and this is our first holiday to Corfu.  I have not seen any recent updates anywhere about the Hotel, and I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been recently (last year or this year). We are really looking forward to our holiday, and Corfu Looks AMAZING!!!
Hi Paularider7 and welcome to the forums.
We stayed at the Athina last year, (and in odd previous years a while back), as we took all the family and half board was a good option.
This year we are staying in apartments next to the Athina opposite Aquarious Bar.

The Athina is a fine hotel, lovely large pool. Rooms large enough air-con if required last year it was €5 a night extra.
Breakfasts very nice - upgrade to various cooked options for a small payment.
Lunches available also very good, on the terrace or by your sunbed, reasonable prices for good food.
Dinner, (remember - all half boards are done to a budget), some guests loved it and ate in every night,
we didn't like every menu so on those nights we ate out, for a bit more variety and different style of food.
I always recommend eating out a few times to get a better feel of the resort, some great restaurants out there,
Greek, International or Bistro food.

Staff (if no changes) in the Hotel are great, George the waiter (older one) has a brilliant dry sense of humour, all the others including family (young George),
are brilliant and especially Nandi around the pool.
Barman spiros - nicest guy in the resort, probably, because they are all really nice and friendly - you will go away having made good friends here, all over.
You can get free Wifi in the bar if you ask reception for the code for your own PC or use a Hotel PC, small charge.

Lots of other free WiFi around the resort, in bars etc.

Straight onto the beach if you prefer the sand, but no hotel sunbeds, they are easily hired though.

All rooms except two have either a balcony (or terrace on the lower floor), check your booking says balcony.
some rooms look out over the approach road, or face the sea, but most face the side view - limited view of the sea - still great!

Wonderful Sunsets at dinner time!!

You will enjoy it for sure - have a great holiday!!

Here is a link with pictures of the Athina - first 21 pictures, (also some of the Thomas Bay Hotel and Fedre Mare Apartments as well)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.429878761451.226243.566056451&type=3&l=b09d05fa0e
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »
Hi Jules and tonyco 1, Thank you for your warm welcome to the forum.
I really appreciate your info and photos of the Athina and San Stefanos, I am sure after reading and seeing it, we will love it there. I just cannot wait until our holiday to begin. Thanks again. :) ( hope I have replied in the right place lol)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
We have stayed in the Athina too.  Lovely clean hotel, great pool, wonderful staff.  A good location right in the middle of the beach.  Food a little unpredictable.  Amazing sunsets.  Could nto find any dirt and when we were ther my 23month old grandson got everywhere - and so I looked!!!

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »
Thanks Debra, thats good to know the hotel is clean with good staff, as its a bit of a lottery booking a hotel online, but thanks to everyones kind help I feel very happy with my choice. I'm looking forward to the fantastic sunsets!!!  Thanks again  :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:41:44 AM »
Forgot to say all rooms have a fridge as well, reception sells 4-packs of water - same price as local shops - you will need bottled water.
Also safe available in reception area.

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
Thanks tonyco1, that is really good to know.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »
My pleasure

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni