Author Topic: Nafsica half board  (Read 10306 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Nafsica half board
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
Hi - just wondered if anyone could give some up to date info on the Nafsica? We were thinking of booking this year.  We have visited San Stefanos for the last 5 years but never stayed at Nafsica and as its half board just wanted to be sure its OK.  Any feedback would be very welcome. Diane

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Nafsica half board
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:12:01 PM »

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »
We've been there for many years, the food and staff are great but it means you have to cope with Speros, he's OK really.

There are 18 rooms, 9 on the first floor and 9 on the second floor.  10 of the rooms are sea facing and the other 8 are facing the hill, 2 are let privately by Speros both on the second floor facing the bay.  There are no fridges in the rooms and the air con costs 5 Euros per day (standard for SS) although some air con units are a bit noisy.

Great staff, last year it was Speros, Theodora & George (Speros mum & dad), Chris, Dominic, Nikos, Cleopatra, Ismial, Anna Maria, Eleni.

I found that The Nafsika were the only taverna to impose a 2% charge for using your credit card in 2011.

If I can help further please let me know.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »
Thanks for the info - much appreciated

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
We are going back this year - one week in an apartment and one week with Speros direct. I personally LOVE the Nafsika and have stayed at other places but feel most at home there.  The position is great, the rooms very clean (albeit a bit basic but comfy sheets and nice towels), the staff have always been extremely efficient and friendly.  Love the impromptu dining - the music is turned up and Speros and others dance whilst you eat. Then we come to the food. F A N T A S T I C Greek freshly made food.  What could be better?

Oh I know if Lovely Jubbly Vangelis was back - a real star!

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
Thanks for that Debra it does sound good - what sort of times do they serve the meals as we don't like to eat too early in the evening.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »
Up until about 9.00-9.30 pm so you can go for a drink before dinner

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
it is good! x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
It's always on my short list, one of the original hotels, very good, great food.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

Think we'll see if we can book for later this year   - am I right in thinking it is up the little road opposite Summer Dreams?

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
Yes - on the road to the harbour, you pass beachcomber bistro on your right  then the road to Waves and then Olive Press on your left and the Nafsika is next door to Olive Press opposite Manthos taverna.  I honestly don't think you would regret it - my favoiurite part of town!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
Yes - on the road to the harbour, you pass beachcomber bistro on your right  then the road to Waves and then Olive Press on your left and the Nafsika is next door to Olive Press opposite Manthos taverna.  I honestly don't think you would regret it - my favoiurite part of town!
Actually to be perdantic, from Summer Dreams, you pass the Glass Art Shop on your right, then further up, also on the right, the road to Waves Taverna,
then the Olive Press (now closed) on your left, followed immediately by the Nafsika Hotel, (which is opposite the Beachcomber & Manthos taverna).
and I agree with Debra, it's a great part of town, we stayed around there so many times in the past.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
and not to forget Mistral opposite as well, great hotel great food and pool area.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni