Author Topic: Tsaros Apartments  (Read 16387 times)

Offline snedstoke

• View Profile
Tsaros Apartments
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
Hello I am new to the forum and I am hoping for some help!

I have booked a 2 bedroom apartment via Thomsons for July 2012. I am trying to find out if there is air conditioning in the apartments. There appear to be conflicting reports on here (and to be honest other forums) that there is and there isn't! Could anyone who has stayed here confirm if there is also if there isn't do the rooms get unbearable in July. As a stop gap if there isn't is it possible to hire fans?

Thanks in advance  ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Tsaros Apartments
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »
I haven't stayed there, but have read reviews saying it does, someone else will confirm that for you soon.
As for Fans, yes you can hire them, I believe the supermarket opposite Barras does that, for one - there are more places that hire as well.

Does it get too hot - We have been many times in July, if you get an apartment over looking the bay - you should get a nice breeze off the sea as it is north facing,
so bearable. Your Apartment is on a hillside so you should get a breeze there.
Last August it was necessary on a few days to have Aircon, but July (when we are going) should be reasonable, but take it if on offer.
It can get very hot if no wind, but we always found it to be ok and bearable.
We have had many different apartments over the years before Air-con was available here, and it never seemed to be a big problem.
Have a good holiday and welcome to the forum.
Tony & Linda.
(PS. Which weeks are you going?)
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
There is aircon units at Tsaros, you have to pay Nikos or Thanassis 5 euro a day to use it.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline snedstoke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies - feel a bit better now!

We are going with my mum so were more concerned for her really especially after the walk up the hill!

We are going on the 9th July for 2 weeks - can't wait!

Thanks again!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
What hill? Tis nothing at all! Tsaros apartments and owners are lovely, warm and genuine, enjoy your stay, x

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
i just need the air con as the mozzies are not very friendly!!!!

Offline harry c

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
You will have a brilliant time at the Tsaros.
By normal Greek standards the apartments are 5 star!, and so is the welcome you will receive from Nikos and Thanassis.
The hill is quite steep but not too far - if you are reasonably fit it will be a doddle. I am 68 and suffer from breathing problems, but i found that if I stopped a couple of times, and rested my plastic bags full of purchases from the supermarket, i could make it as far as the bar in one piece. On that subject , you can get bottled water from the bar at supermarket prices, to save you carrying it up the hill.
My wife and I were there last June for the first time, but it wan't be the last. In fact my wife went back there last September with our daughter - and half the people who were there when i went were back again on my wifes second visit.
Have a great time
harry c

Offline holidaylover10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and i have booked a week at the Tsaros in september. I have been on holiday to Corfu once before and stayed in Kassiopi, It was a fantastic holiday and i can't wait try San Stefanos.

Can anyone tell me anything about the 3 studio apartments at the Tsaros, I have been onto their website and have read 2 studios are in block 1 and 1 studio in block 3, What i would like to know are they on the ground floor or the first floor and do they have sea views.

Debbie

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »
Ground floor I think with a limited sea view. Give Thanassis an email at info@tsarosapartments.com

Offline holidaylover10

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 11:50:23 PM »
Thank you very much swedebasher, I will send him a email.

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
hello can anyone help please we are taking our daughter and grandaughter with us to San Stef this year and
we like the look of the tsaros appartments. I would like a high room with a sea view not pool viewcan anyone give
me any room numbers before I book.
Much appreciated

Offline Chrissie49

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
Hi
We stayed at the Tsaros apartments last October, and really enjoyed our stay Thannasis could not do enough for us.
we had apartment 2 the views were to die for so if you can get that one i envy, you
There is fruit trees in the grounds Lemon Lime and Sharon fruit which you are allowed to pick, the taste from them was so much better than shop bought. Yes it is half up a steep hill but you do get used to it, and  if you continue, on up the hill the view from the top is just amazing plus you can see a brill sunset up there.
We really wish we could go this year but with putting prices up not to be, but will be saving the pennies for next year def.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »
Block 1, numbers 1, 2 and 5, are doubles, one bedroom with double bed and one with two single beds, 3 is a studio with two single beds, and 4, also a studio, has a double bed.

Block 2, across the narrow lane consists of four double apartments, numbers 6, 7, 8 and 9 all having one bedroom with double bed and one with two singles.

Block 3, behind the first block, numbers 10 and 11 are doubles, with single beds, one bedroom on the ground floor and one on the upper floor, and they have internal staircases. Number 12 is a large studio, on the upper floor, which has two single beds.

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »
Hi everyone

I am staying at the Tsaros on the 24th August can anyone tell me do they have
safety deposit boxes in the room

Many thanks

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
They do not Julie.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni