Author Topic: little prince apts  (Read 13075 times)

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
little prince apts
« on: December 18, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
We are thinking of staying here in 2012 and any info on these apts will helpful

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: little prince apts
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
Go to:

http://www.thelittleprince.gr

I can tell you anything else if you ask!

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
Great place to stay. Stayed there for 2 weeks last year and had a great time. Good food, rooms very comfortable - some of the largest we have had in Greece. They are in the centre of Ag. Stef handy for everywhere. You're sure to have a good time there.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »
A hidden bonus is that when there's a singer at Silver Star across the road, you can sit on your balcony with a cheap bottle of vino and enjoy the ambiance for nothing. It's the best people-watching spot in AgStef.

The one possible downside is that unless you're in an apartment you do not get sun on the balcony. This may be a good thing in the height of summer. Apartments: 109 gets morning sun; 101 gets evening sun. You can see the sea from 101-109, which is where Brits usually reside. Bakery is 1 minute walk. Supermarket is 1 minute 20 seconds walk. Taverna is 15 seconds walk from the bottom of the stairs. WiFi is free.

The views are not as great as those from the high-altitude places like Romanza, but they're better than Barras!

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:45:32 PM »
Thanks for your replies' I have had a look on Little Prince website and they do look nice. We have eaten at the Little Prince many times and always enjoyed the meals there. Now it is time to decide between here and the Thomas Bay.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »
Was browsingThomsons this morning, two weeks in LP Apts for two adults departing Edinburgh, total price £570, pretty darned good if u ask me.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Hi all,

My wife and I are also staying at the Little Prince Apartments in June.  I know Jimbo has been helpful with apartment selection etc, but are there any apartments to avoid?  We like a high floor, are there apartments on the ground floor?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 02:44:49 AM »
All the UK apartments are on the first floor overlooking the street. The ground floor is totally restaurant and bar. There are two-room apartments at each end (101 and 109) and seven studio apartments in between.

Because the block is on a hillside the first floor is also the pool level - so it's easy to go to the pool without climbing stairs.

First floor is actually reasonably high - at least twenty feet - so you will not feel that you're at street level. Everything's quite big - rooms, balconies - so you won't feel cramped. You won't get much or any sun on the studio balconies, but that means it's pleasantly cool if the weather's hot. If you have a two-room apartment, 109 gets morning sun and 101 gets evening sun.

Around 8am if you're having a cuppa on the balcony you'll hear the clip-clop of the horses going down to the beach for their morning bathe. You will also catch the delicious smell of fresh bread from the bakery and feel obliged to make the whole two-minute walk to buy something for breakfast. In my experience it's usually blokes who get the morning bread and cakes whilst the princesses lounge on their beds in a semi-comatose state dreaming of boiled eggs, toast and Danish pastries.

LP is the most popular place to eat in Ag Stef. You may feel strangely guilty if you go somewhere else and are spotted by the eagle eyes of Pippina, Dimitris or Mixalis. The secret is to walk along by the pool and go down the outside stairs. Done it lots of times.

Anyway - if it wasn't for the fun of LP (and all other nice things) we wouldn't have come to think of Ag Stef as a kind of second home. You'll have a good time. Promise.    
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:46:26 AM by Jimbo »

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

Jimbo,

That was so well put, that I thought I was there.  Thanks for the information, really appreciated.  As you are aware, we have been to San Stef (I will always call it that) a good few times now but have not stayed at the Little Prince Apartments.  However we have dined there plenty, well recommended.  Sorry to be a pain Jimbo but do the balconies face the pool or the main road?  Getting a bit excited now for my hols!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »
Who's Mixalis Jimbo? sounds like a rabbits disease!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
do the balconies face the pool or the main road?
Main road. You can sit on the balcony and listen to Jerry James whilst swilling your own plonk.

In the morning you look down and see Mixalis (Mike) putting the sign boards. Great for watching people on the coach when you're not!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Loftyscot,

For interest only as we're already booked to fly out from Edinburgh staying at the LP on 1st June, what date was the £570 price for?

Cheers Gordon

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »
Early May Gordon, take ure luck with the weather I suppose, but great price.

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
It is a great price, for 1st June, we're £1126, I know the weather will be ok but it's a big leap.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
Funny this year - the peaks and troughs of Thomsons LP prices.
When I looked early and booked as a DIY in the end for July - it was £678 2 weeks PP - to high for me compared to other offers,
Our friends then decided to book many weeks later, and got a bargain price one weekend, £428 each,
2 days later £568 - -
so keep price watching is the message!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni