Author Topic: little prince apartments  (Read 20379 times)

Offline hain

• View Profile
little prince apartments
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
hello, im new to this forum, i have just booked with my sisters family a 2 week holiday next july to the little prince apartments and was wondering how long it takes to get there in a taxi compared to the holiday bus and where the 2 bed apartments are located in the apartments?

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: little prince apartments
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »
I'm not sure how long it takes in a taxi as we had a coach transfer last year which took about 1 1/2 hours. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment last year which was at the far end above the restaurant. Apartment was great. Both bedrooms were plenty big enough and have the benefit of a double balcony. Kitchen area was fine with the normal 2 ring cooker, fridge, pots pans crockery etc - but unless you are on a tight budget who eats in in Ag Stef. No smell or noise from the restaurant area, although we were never in the room when restaurant was open - too much to see, eat and do!! Pool is great and was never busy and no need to put towels at silly o'clock. Would highly recomend the Little Prince - great location, great owners, good food, etc.
Hope this is of some help.

Offline hain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »
thanks very much for the reply, glad to know  where the 2 beds are, cant wait to go after reading all the good reviews about the apartments, goner be a long winter waiting for july to come!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
Hi Hain,
the quickest Taxi transfer we ever did was 45 minutes, but say an hour -"ish", on average anything less is a bonus.
Coaches take around 1hour 30mins (plus), for all the obvious reasons, number of drop-off's, size of vehicle, waiting around etc.etc.......
It's not that far as the crow flies, but crossing the mountain and the winding roads all take time, as does Corfu Town Traffic,
so a lot depends on the day and time of travel as well.

Taxi is the most relaxing way to do it, and the fastest.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
Two-room apartments are at opposite ends of the first floor - 101 on the right facing the building, 109 on the left next to the pool. Stayed in both of them, so here's a comparison:

101: Good sunset views and each bedroom has doors to the ample balcony. All balconies at LP are big, but this is huge.
       Kitchen window view is out of the back over an old lady watering her plants. Bless.
       Kitchen area is big.
       Long way from the pool-bar WiFi feed.

109: Only LP balcony that has morning sun.
       Access to balcony is through front bedroom.
       Next to pool, so easy to pop back in for a pee.
       Kitchen window looks out (with a bit of neck-stretching) over pool bar.
       Kitchen is big.
       Cannot hear snoring from front room in kitchen.
       Good wireless /n signal from pool bar router.
       Close to lift if you are lazy.
       Very good view of Jerry James in Silver Star bar if you are so inclined.

Both apartments have baths. Loads of room for a party. Great for people-watching. Both about 50 seconds to or from supper if you can't be bothered to go anywhere else.

If you want more info, send me a PM!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »
I just booked first 2 weeks in July'12, and booked direct locally, with Athens Bar, and Easyjet Gatwick, for flights.
I think I have a great deal over-all, including Transfer and Air-con.
Aircon (around €70 - 2 weeks) is an expensive add-on for most Hotels and Apartments,
and the Transfer can work out at €100-€120 extra by Taxi, (Return), yes - - - I know that Thomson's do free coach transfers.

So, before I booked it as usual, I checked Thomson's out.

The most expensive deal this week, (for my dates), is Little Prince, £740 each for LP room only,
around £100 dearer than the half-board deals at Teresas, Romanza, Thomas Bay, £60 dearer than Athina,
and £200 more (unusual-must be a deal!), than Nafsika H/B. - - Madness!
I would love to stay at LP - but not for silly money, so I'll settle for some meals there instead this time.
Why so dear? The rooms are new'ish and nice - but is it worth paying that much for room only, - - -
I bet Dimitris doesn't see any of that extra money!
I think it's the usual Thomson con to fill up (what Thomson's see as) less popular venues first, as lots of LP rooms must be pre-booked and it's a popular venue.

Because I got really good flight prices, my deal cost us £450 each for everything; Apartment, flights, A/C, Transfers - -only food to find now!
If I deduct the price of €170 for A/C & Transfers, which are usually extra's on top of a private Apt. deal - I am very happy! (around £375 each).
I am even happier that the bulk of my money went locally and not to Thomson's!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 03:12:29 AM »
The prices fluctuate all the time. We got 3 weeks late September for £340 including flights. Just watch the prices.

Offline DavidFid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
We booked before the end of September 2011 for 2 weeks from 27 July 2012 and have the LP for £560 each via Thompson from Norwich. However, have tried to book our friends in and the price had risen to £886 each!!!! 58% more!!. Think it is a must to watch the price daily, anyone have any tried and tested tactics?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
The prices really do fluctuate by large amounts on a weekly basis. It's a poker game.

Today the prices across the village on Thomsons are between about £550 and £850 for Tony's July 27 peak period. Slightly less for late June.

Unfortunately, some people have jobs and have to book well in advance. We can just watch and decide when the web-saver knocks the price down. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »
The weeks I mentioned were the first two weeks of july from Gatwick.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »
Gill and I got one week at the Teresa at the end of July 12 for £460 each B&B from East Mids, thats not bad for school holidays high season,  the same holiday from Manchester was £120 each more......madness!

Have also booked a week late June at the Romanza flying Easyjet total cost about £360 each.

Like Jimbo said its a lottery so check daily.

Andy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 01:35:19 AM »
Hi Andy, must agree, said it myself many times, but sometimes you see a price and think *******-****!!!
LOL

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
We have got 2 weeks in the Athens aptmts 20th August til 3rd September for £300 pw inc transfer and aircon which we are really happy with. Just need to decide who to fly with and where from. Jet2 from Leeds is still looking favourite as Easyjet from Manchester haven't released any flight details for September as yet so although we could fly out with them we can't come back (not that I really want to come back anyway!). Although it means the cost of a taxi to Leeds (we live in Manchester) its still way cheaper than any other option I have found.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
That's so true - the hidden costs! We live close to Heathrow, but only fly from there if domestic flights or Long Haul, it's always Gatwick!!
We also have to decide - Taxi to Gatwick & back, or park for 2 weeks at average of £100, only 2 of us this trip, so a taxi can prove expensive!

National express coaches want £80 for the cheapest return - so for £20 more I should park I think - - easier!
and by the time I get a cab from house to the bus station - - - and back - - - same price!

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »
We pay £65 for return taxi, Tunstall to Manchester airport.Door to door in roughly 35 min. Bargain.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni