Author Topic: Legionnaires disease  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Legionnaires disease
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »
No doubt you have all seen the news of people who have been to Corfu since August and being diagnosed with this disease.I was taken ill on 4th September and put it down to a virus.There is now a possibility that i may have had it .Luckily my GP gave me strong antibiotics at the time but 5 weeks on still not completly well.Because this has now been on the news I have now had to have more Antibiotics so please if any of you are ill or have been very poorly go to your GP and get checked out.
This wont put me off I shall be back in San Stef next July !!!

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Legionnaires disease
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:45:56 AM »
hi where did these people stay ?
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:09:27 PM »
It is stating that they stayed in various places but that nothing has been proven yet as thay could have still picked it up at home . It can take up to 21 days before it can be noticed.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »
There is no cause for concern and people who are yet to travel to Corfu should not alter their holiday plans. So far there have been only 9 diagnosed cases and it has not been specified where these people visited. As Jules T mentioned, they may have caught the virus in the UK. For those who are concerned or just interested in reading more, here is an article from The Guardian dated the 7th of October.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/oct/07/legionnaires-disease-outbreak-linked-corfu

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »
Just received a letter from Thomson advising that for two weeks after returning from Corfu we should be alert for flu symptoms and if we have them head straight to the doctor.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni