Author Topic: next year in ss  (Read 8057 times)

Offline deelightful44

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
next year in ss
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
Just been to price up for the athina hotel where we stayed this year and its gone up almost 400.00,there are 15 of us wanting to go again next year,can anyone suggest a cheaper way of us doing this as i think 2150.00 for 3 is a lot of money,i know its more cos we have to go in the 6 weeks holiday,we want to be close to the beach,not up any big hills,not even bothered if we all dont get in same place,cos we would all just meet up anyway
thanks debs

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: next year in ss
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:29:20 AM »
It depends if you need to have half board or not. There are lots of other properies near the beach but are self catering. Maybe somewhere like Vicky apartments would suit you
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »
It depends if you need to have half board or not. There are lots of other properies ????? near the beach but are self catering. Maybe somewhere like Vicky apartments would suit you

Sorry Jules. Tony. sorry Don made me do this...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
Don made me do this...

Interesting insight into Monday evenings in Stoke!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:25 AM »
I missed this post earlier, but in answer to Jim, Monday evenings in Stoke are not usually this exciting!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
Just looked at prices for Stamatis where we normally stay and they seem much the same as last year (early July).  Just a bit nervous about the uncertainty of Greece at the moment so won't be booking just yet.  Don't want to get involved in any strikes as have experienced coach and taxi strikes there and it was very frustrating.  However we do still want to support the locals in AG as we have for 8 years and I know many of you are regulars like us, but not at the expense of our holiday.  Hopefully things will become clearer soon.  Don't want to miss our annual fix and seeing the lovely locals again!!

don

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »
Just done a liitle exercise using Barras flying from East Midlands on 22 June 2012 for 2 adults:-

Package with 20k luggage, no meal or booked seats and using coach transfer £1104:00

Equal package using Hotel only and Flight only options                     Flight    £761:96
                                                                                             Transfer £50:00
                                                                                             Studio   £245:00
                                                                                              Total    £1056:96

How can exactly the same package have different prices?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:21:19 AM »
Well exposed - Thomsons usual tricks!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni