Author Topic: Little prince bad review ????  (Read 14744 times)

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Little prince bad review ????
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
I can,t believe the review i,ve just read.Been to little prince twice and never experienced anything that was stated in review.They are the most    spacious and clean apartments we have stayed at in 20 years of holidays to greece .Any way back to this years holiday,sorry for the delay in doing a write up .Spent one week at little prince 22-29 july.FANTASTIC ROOM AND VIEW :).The welcome we had from everybody there made the holiday.With our seven year old daughter most meals were at little prince and zorbas ,she loves the dancing.This year we managed to get to ozzie oil,wonderful meal, my husband can,t forget the white choc cheesecake.Pre dinner drinks at princess bar ,after dinner at gladiator.When we first went there three years ago my daughter loved the ball pit she has now moved up to the pool table !.Things were a lot quieter then previous years ,no problem getting a table in zorbas,but gladiator seemed to be busy.Prices seemed to be on a par with last year.Only downside is the transfer,on the way back coach had to stop for a couple of people to be ill,seriously considering taxi next time lets hope there is,nt a strike.

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Little prince bad review ????
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
I agree with you Chrissie - stayed last year and couldn't fault the Little Prince. They are some of the best appts we have stayed in, always clean and certainly some of the most spacious. Some people always want to find fault - perhaps they are a little OCD on the cleaning side!!
Also loved Ozzy Oil

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 12:41:52 AM »
Where was the review?

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »
On tripadviser

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 12:57:32 AM »
I saw it mentioned on the san stef webcam site message board.When is the cam going to be fixed ?missing my daily viewing of the beach.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »
Okay - found it. I've asked them to let me know which room they were in case there is an issue, because we're back in a couple of weeks and I can point it out.

All I can say is that all the people whom I have recommended on TripAdvisor have had a great time and are going back. Mind you, there are those who are killing their children by spraying every surface with anti-bacterial destroy-your-immune system stuff.

I can only imagine what they'd have said 30 years ago! 

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:09:11 AM »
Read someone's review of Kapetanios on Trip Advisor. They slagged off food in general as far as San Stef goes. They did praise Town Pizza and the "two kebab houses." Great taste in food?  They were particularly vitriolic in their criticism of the Little Prince. They allege they saw "tinned chicken" being cooked. We've sat at most tables in LP and never been able to see what the kitchen staff are doing.

I am tempted to add to their review and suggest they visit the Anti-Food.. Sorry that's unfair - Somewhere with a McDonalds would be a sure thing for them.  I would like to point out that I do eat at Little Prince a lot but have absolutely no agenda in making this post as I do think that food wise there are arguably better meals to be had in the village but I find the Little Prince the most consistent. There is though no better atmosphere generated in any other taverna.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:54:45 AM by Sandra W »
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »
I do not believe more than half what is posted on Trip Advisor, there are always complaints about it.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:08 PM »
I have to say that the only places I have ever had a less than satisfactory meal was at the Little Prince and at two star. I did not eat at Little Prince all this summer (although I was in SS for five weeks) because last year I had two fairly negative experiences there. Maybe it was because I was alone but I felt that I was a bit of a nuisance and as I obviously wasn't going to be spending a lot of cash on my own I felt that both the service and the food were just about ok.
I have spoken to lots of people who love it and think that the rooms are brilliant. So as tony often says it's horses for courses really! You can only speak as you find!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
A lot depends on what you like and don't like. We down-rated Mythica and Ozzy Oils. Each place probably has its highs and lows. It's extremely rare to get a night when Little Prince isn't full, so they must be getting something right! Last October Lp was the only place that was full.

I haven't had reply from the people who wrote the review. What particularly annoyed/amused me was complaining about grease on the top of the cooker hood. You'd have to climb on a chair to inspect it! That seems to me to be somewhat anal behaviour. Anyway - they won't be going back, so that stops them clogging up rooms for the rest of us.

It's hard to imagine what Trip Advisor would have been like thirty years ago. Lukewarm food - souvlaki you could only eat with a hammer and chisel - no hot water - donkeys braying outside the window at 5am - curiously large menus with only four things pencilled in as available. As for cooker hoods - forget it.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 05:07:23 PM »
Had a patronising reply from the posters. I have sent a sensitive reply to them (!). They took loads of photos apparently of rust on the fridge. Fair enough, but did they raise the issue? Probably not.

They're obviously not on the forum. I've asked them if they reported the issue to Little Prince or Lauren. I doubt it, because I'm sure action would be taken, as in most places in the village, if people were unhappy.

Anyway, two weeks to go and we've added oven-cleaner and shower curtains to our packing list, together with ant-bacterial spray, anti-fungal spray, full-body Scene Of Crime suits, guaranteed germ-free pillows, sterilised knives and forks, sealed pack of plastic glasses, Mythos environmental test sticks, anti-Jimmy James wax earplugs, bed-hardness meter, electronic pillow compression assessor.

Welcome to Greece. And goodbye.   

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Do you think you have covered everything there Jimbo might be over your luggage allowance

Offline Jeff1957

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Jimbo, you can unpack your shower curtain!
We stayed in the apartment 9 -16 September and can confirm that the top left hand corner (and the remaining 3 other corners) were totally mould spore free. Unable to confirm if the top of the cooker was dust free, as i was unable to find a hardware shop which sold step ladders in San Stefanos!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 12:37:29 AM »
Thank God for that, Jeff. I was going to B&Q in the morning to get a big hacksaw to chop up our folding shower shield, and very worried about getting the super-glue through security at Doncaster, although I know a lot of the locals use it to stick their teeth in.

I've has some very acrimonious PM exchanges on TripAdvisor with the reviewers, who say "Everybody has different standards," meaning that you, us, and all the others who enjoy staying at Little Prince are a collection of slum-dwelling chavs. They have threatened to report me to TripAdvisor as a paid PR consultant for Little Prince! Fat chance.

Glad you had a good time. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:50 AM »
We had breakfast in Little Prince every day of our 2 weeks and the quality as usual was excellent as was the service and welcome from Mike and Dimitris. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni