Author Topic: Restaurant recomendations  (Read 23399 times)

Offline mg

• View Profile
Restaurant recomendations
« on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
Looking to try somewhere different to eat on this visit does any one recomend Delfino blue, Sunset,or Mistral, and what sort of food is on the menu at each restaurant or what is each ones speciality Or maybe you could recomend a favourite  dish you've eaten there
....many thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:52:31 AM by mg »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurant recomendations
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:33 AM »
We have only eaten at the Sunset out of the ones you mention and have never had a bad meal there in the 10 years we have been going. Not sure what the speciality is though.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline mg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
Thanks Jules will give sunset a try as we always walk past on way from Teresas also going  to try Nafsika and sizzling  steak at little prince based on reviews on here.On previous stays we've  eaten  at Beechcombers Mythica Zorbas and Ozzie oils will be eating  at these again as all were very good.Just thought we  should also try somewhere different. The problem is fitting them all in as having enjoyed a meal somewhere I tend to see something else on the menu and want to return to give that a try........1 more sleep now until our holiday

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
Hi, we are at olgas just now and keep trying to fit in sunset, we have promised ourselves to go next week

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
MG and Lofty,

I can recommend the Sunset.  I think most of his staff are family (not entirely sure) and they do lovely food and quite good house white if I remember rightly.  MG, one of the starters the wife and I tried was "bekri".  It is either a beef or veal dish.  Gorgeous!

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
yes we have had good meals in sunset but my men folk LOVE the Nafsika stamnas its usually our first night eating place

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:33:32 PM »
Have just read up about Stamnas as although we go to Greek islands
every year, we've never been to Corfu and so have never had Stamnas.
It sounds really yummy so that's a definite visit in August to the Nafsika.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
we go out on the 22nd Denise may see you there

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:07 PM »
The stamnas at the Sunset is gorgeous, can,t get enough of it when im there.

don

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »
I had a pasta dish at Sunset last year... The best pasta I've ever had. Great place to linger after a meal with a jug of wine and good conversation.

joan

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:03:18 AM »
Had very good meals at Sunset definately worth a visit will be there this year again value for money always spotlessly clean. will probably go to 2 stars,Zorbas Mistral and few other favs. Hope to try  Fantasea, not long to go now.

Offline cabmufcok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 03:33:05 AM »
Going to try Olympia and maybe Olive Press this year for the first time but as someone said you already have your pesonal favs after going for a few years and you dont want to spoil a night by trying somewhere different that doesnt live up to your personal favs.Personally Little Prince foodwise doesnt do it for me but I can see why it does for others..its all a personal preference.7 days and counting!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 04:50:56 AM »
Olympia and Olive Press have always done good meals!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline vickyapts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
The Olive Press hasn't opened this year.  Try Yiannis Grill.  Their Meze for 2 is huge.  You get beefteki (Greek burgers) souvlaki, chicken, grilled thick slices of pancetta, lamb chops, chips and a little salad.  Also on offer is the usual Greek traditional dishes at very reasonable prices.  They have spit roast lamb on Saturdays and spit roast pork, but not sure which night this is the special.

zoe

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
yiannis grill was our try a new place in may as we always say we will try new  places but never do we had the best vine leaves ever  and the spit roast lamb was fab we had to go back again the second week and will go back in september  will try the meze

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni