Author Topic: Well I Can See Why You All Love Agios Stefanos  (Read 32062 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Well I Can See Why You All Love Agios Stefanos
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Hi gavlah, I think that you would like Thassos, it has alot to offer and there are lots of stunning beaches and beautiful scenery, I know you enjoyed the quad bikes in SS and thassos is only 90km all round so if you wanted you could do it in a day or like us take 3 days visiting all the beaches/villages etc.
When are you going to Cyprus?

Joan, we stayed in Golden beach at Skala Panagia which is the quieter end although Skala Potima at the other end of the bay is a little more built up it is still another small resort.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:52:45 PM by lilly »

joan

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
Gavlah we too had great meals in FV we went to the steakhouse called El Torro many times. Each time we went one of the waiters managed to either smash several plates or cause a catastrophe in some way, it made some entertaiment.We also went to the harbour during the day to the fish restaurant the one where you sit alongside the wall, I have never seen such tiny squid but they were delicious as was the tuna.I'm glad we went definately going back again.

joan

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 02:18:07 AM »
Lilly thanks for that I've heard Golden Beach is lovely, will do more research at some point just to get an idea.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:53 AM »
We did a Caribbean Cruise a few years back - (which is a pretty decent holiday), but in spite of the fantastic locations we stayed in, which to be honest -- some can really put Ag. Stef in the shade - - view wise - however, when it comes down to a chill-out holiday on the friendliest village on earth -
it's Ag' Stefanos for us every time.
I remember sitting on beaches in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Bondi, Tamarrama, Manley in Aussie, the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, various in Florida and the USA, the canaries, Egypt, etc etc - - around the world - - pretty as they are with swaying palm trees - - you just don't get that relaxed feeling of "I belong here", like you do in a few parts of Europe,
especially in Ag.Stefanos! - It's just not set up in the same way - all feel far too commercial or too controlled.
Yes we will keep visiting other places to explore new venues, but then maybe we were just lucky to find Ag.Stefanos back in the eighties,
when it all developed from very little - yet kept that special ingrediant.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
It sounds so wonderful Tony. It really is the type of place that Malc and I love.
I've always liked Greek villages where the locals are friendly and really are pleased to see you again.
There is a small village in Vassilikos on Zakynthos, which we've been to 4 times and it is the same sort of atmosphere.
Can't wait to get Agios Stefanos.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »
Denise - if you want a friendly chilled out holiday, then Aghios Stefanos (San Stefanos), is a brilliant place to go.
Just take the time to chat to any of the locals and they respond really well - you may well end up as adopted family!! LOL

Offline maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »
We too were first timers to Ag Stefanas in June this year. Always said that we would never go back to the same place place twice. But we have been converted and we will be back on June 8th next year. Never could see why people returned year after year but we do now.
We stayed at Tsaras and loved every minute of our stay. 
Everyone was so friendly and made us welcome from day one.
Can't wait to back there.
A huge thank you to all at tsaras for making our holiday the best ever!!
Tell Dave and Edie we will see them next year. They said we would be back.
Maureen and Keith from Pudseyx x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
That say's it all!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 12:16:26 AM »
Welcome to the forums Maureen. Glad you had a good time and that the Aghios Stefanos magic has worked yet again :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
As the day grows nearer, I am getting more and more excited. You all say such wonderful things about Aghios Stefanos.
I can't wait to see for myself.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
We still get excited, and we've been going since we were young in 1983, also welcome to the forum from myself and Linda as well.

I think that by the end of the first week you will start to get that warm feeling this place will give you! Enjoy!! - - - - we will.
Planning next holiday for this year now - -can't decide what to do though!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »
Hi Maureen

My wifes from Calverley and her parents now live just down from the Wetherby Whaler!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »
We went to the Wetherby Whaler during our stay in Weherby - lovely fish and chips
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 12:44:20 PM »
Hi Jules 

That one was the original one! They now have branches in Leeds, York and Wakefield

I love fish n chips!

Offline Chrissie49

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 02:36:43 AM »
Hi Guys
Well after reading all these brill comments about SS  our party of 4 myself  hubbie and 2 friends are so looking forward to coming on 17th October, ;D as first timers we where not to sure what to expect, but by reading these comments we can not wait. will be staying at the Tsaros apartments and by the looks we could be staying there next year hopefully.
Plus celebrating a birthday and it sounds just the right place to do it relaxed and chilled brill!!!!!
So to sum up exited   and looking forward to hols in SS.           

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni