Author Topic: prices....  (Read 9506 times)

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
prices....
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:49:29 PM »
 :)hi everyone      as anyone been and comeback yet?? just want to know roughly the prices of food and drink...had conflicting reports from other people who have come back from other islands...some good and some bad!!!? jusy need a good idea of what money to take,,,,will feel wierd on our own for the first time without kids!!!!!! yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: prices....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
Arh, that first holiday without the kids.  At first you keep looking for them, looking at others with their kids, miss them.  Then  (after 5 minutes) your heart soars.  You can read the whole blooming book if you want, you still have water/fizzy drink left when thirsty, you can eat cheaply and actually sit still and enjoy the wine, there is enough sun lotion left, you can swim and walk and eat and drink and laze all day.  You can choose the restaurant you fancy.  It's sad.............but you soon get over it.  Enjoy!

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »
 :D :D :D thanks for that debra......so true me and hubby are havin a laugh here!!!  ;)

Offline Petchs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »
Hi, just returned after a great week in San Stef, most places a beer is 2.50, ouzo 2.00 kids drinks/fanta lemon-orange 1.50
Meals seem to have moved up a little what was 8.00 for main course and a wine are now 9.00. But this is low season and may lower when more people are about

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »
 ;)thanks for that! prices seem good to me....i.ll see in 4wks when i get there!!!  ;D ;D

don

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
there until 8th... Will end up in Aquarius most nights. May see you there. Where you from Burnley, Birmingham, Scunthorpe or East London?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:45:10 AM »
My friends Alan and Carole have just returned, they said that prices are similar to last year re: drinks.

Other friends said much the same. Glad the food prices are still reasonable.
The only neg/comment was that they felt the drinks in the Condor seemed a touch on the weak side.
Maybe the measure is lowered in comparison, to pay for the entertainment, after all nothing is really free!
I will check this out when we arrive, To be fair, does anyone else have similar comments or have found the opposite?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »
 :)hi don were from accrington and support burnley! will pop in aquarias and i.ll shout is don here in my lancashire tones!!! lol...were havin our wedding anni whilst were out there so want to find a place to have a nice meal etc!!! soooooooooo ready for a break.. ;)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
Little Prince and most others currently 7 euros for special and wine, 9 euros for three course specials. Ozzy Oils doing special plus wine 8 euros. Large
beer is indeed usually 2.50, Three Ws 2.00 euros for 0.4l Mythos last night.  Bread from the bakery eighty five cents as per last year if I remember correctly.

Car hired for four days from Valantis at San Stef car rental for 100 euros, will probably be more in the main season. That's for a Hyundai Getz. Excursions seemk to be at the same prices as last year at the moment.

I'll give you all an update as we go. Yammas

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
Claret & Blue,

I'm sure Tony Kok will back me up on this but I'd consider Beachcomber for your special meal. We never got to eat there last year (dont know why) but it looked amazing. Really nice setting on the beach & the food, although maybe not as Greek as the others, is meant to be superb.

Pictures here.....

http://www.beachcombersbistro.com/

Go in a couple of days before and tell them what you're there for and book a table

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »
I agree with that. Food is great, and sitting near the sea watching the sunset is beautiful.

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
thank you for the beachcomber tip will defo ave a look when we get there... ;) ;) looks really nice.....

don

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
I too can endorse the Beachcomber. Never had a bad meal there. If you book a table ask for one closest to the sea.

Offline Redkath27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »
We came back a couple of weeks ago. Ended up in 2 Star most nights (son liked the ice cream with a sparkler in it) and they had specials for about 6-7 euros including main meal and cake / dessert. Cheap and cheerful.

Supermarket prices - found the beer (most importantly) cheapest at the middle supermarket opposite the bus stop at 75c a can. Bread was 90c a loaf from the bakery. Most food in supermarkets was quite basic so you couldn't really make a good meal, better to eat out. 1.40 for a small carton of milk! Maybe I was robbed lol!!

I'll still go back though. Obviously. ;D

don

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 12:13:15 AM »
We came back a couple of weeks ago. Ended up in 2 Star most nights (son liked the ice cream with a sparkler in it) and they had specials for about 6-7 euros including main meal and cake / dessert. Cheap and cheerful.

Supermarket prices - found the beer (most importantly) cheapest at the middle supermarket opposite the bus stop at 75c a can. Bread was 90c a loaf from the bakery. Most food in supermarkets was quite basic so you couldn't really make a good meal, better to eat out. 1.40 for a small carton of milk! Maybe I was robbed lol!!

I'll still go back though. Obviously. ;D

Do you mean the supermarket next to the bakery?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni