Author Topic: Romanza Villas  (Read 12062 times)

Offline Redkath27

• View Profile
Romanza Villas
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new here but returned from San Stef not so long ago  :'( and was looking to go again next year. I am interested to see if anyone has stayed at the Romanza Villas and if so, are they worth the price tag?

I am torn between those and a standard SC apartment and doing more day trips etc.!

Also, while I'm at it, I was looking at Kapetanios Apartments and also Mythos, but Mythos looks a bit far out and I heard reports this year that the Kapetanios didn't open on time and people were forced to move accommodation  ???

Any ideas / insight would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kath

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza Villas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:04:44 AM »
Hi Kath,

We stayed at the New Romanza Villas for a week in mid May 2010 and we’ve got to say they are the height of luxury and extravagance.  They are furnished to a high standard with very tasteful and sophisticated decoration. They are fully furnished and have air conditioning/central heating to all rooms.

Other than the three large bedrooms there is a two person sauna, Satellite TV and Wi-Fi, pool table.

They have fantastic views over the bay and are within easy reach of the town centre.

Was it worth the costs, most definitely.

Offline Redkath27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »
Thanks Waspman, they do look very nice, although I have to say it would be pushing the boat out a bit!!

The real issue with us us that we're "up North" and the flights from Newcastle never seem to be that competitive.

We all loved San Stef though, this was our first visit and I am amazed at how many peoples names I came back remembering (for all the right reasons!)

Thanks for the input,

Kath 

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Hi Kath
Welcome to the forum.Have you seen the photos of the villas on the Romanza website.
Nought wrong with "up north"
 www.romanzahotel.com
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:35:42 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »
You asked the right people (above), they are the resident experts on Romanza!
Also, as Yannis say's
Nothing wrong with - "oop noorth, or down "sauf" come to that, but I hate seeing the price divide when totally unnecessary,
they just milk us for profit where they can!
Realistically, you would think North flights would be cheaper than the south, where prices are higher generally, but maybe a few mins extra flying time does it!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:45:55 AM »
From Newcastle to Corfu is about 200 miles longer than from Gatwick, so that's a lot of paraffin!

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
There is a special offer on the luxury Romanza Villas at San Stefano Travel for the whole of June and September. Here is the link and there are also photos of the villas on the web site.

http://www.san-stefano.gr/offers/offers_relay.php
http://www.san-stefano.gr/romanza_villas.php

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »
You can also see more photos of Romanza Villas on www.corfunorthwestvillarentals.com and re Kapetanios they didn't open late, they had advised their tour operator and it was agreed that they would open on May 23rd which they did.  They (Kapetanios) didn't move anyone due to late opening, perhaps the operator did?  You would have to check with them? 

Offline Redkath27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »
Hi Everyone
Thanks for your replies. The Romaza Villas look really gorgeous in all the pictures, total luxury that would be, but I think we are going to have to give it a miss this time  :'(
Tonyco1 - I am also somewhat surprised at the price difference although it's understandable if there is 200 miles difference in it!
Looking again at the Kapetanios, I had read a review from an angry sounding man who had said he had booked with Thomas Cook and they had changed his accommodation at the last minute, so no, not the fault of the Kapetanios, but Thomas Cook are selling them again for early May next year. I would hate to deliberate over accommodation for ages to have this happen, as we need the separate kitchen / bedrooms rather than an open plan affair.
We stayed at Tsaros Apartments this year which were great, and it would be nice to go back there, but we found cardiac / heart attack hill difficult with a 4 year old when it was too hot! It would be possible though, and they were big apartments. Thanassis was nice too & I understand his twins are due very soon.
Anyone any ideas how close the Mythos Apartments are to everything?

Sorry to ramble on!  ::)

Kath

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
Hi Kath,

My wife and I stayed at the Mythos Apartments a couple of years ago.  They are really nice, clean, very private and peaceful.  We loved the five minute stroll into the village, really its not that far out.  Thomas Cook (bad people) let us down the following year by cancelling our stay at the Mythos at the last minute.  They blamed the owners.  So it's probably soured our opinion slightly.  But overall we loved the location of the apartments.

Offline Redkath27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
Thanks Rod,

I am seriously concerned about booking with Thomas Cook, they seem to have an alarmingly high rate of cancelling bookings and blaming the owners, but they do have some good properties - don't know what to do now!  ???

Kath

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni