Author Topic: Excursions with Thomson or Noula  (Read 12709 times)

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Excursions with Thomson or Noula
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »
Hi
does Noula offer the same excursions as Thomson ? If so are they the same price or cheaper ? Also what excursions would you reccommend to two newbies.
Thanks
Gaynor

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Excursions with Thomson or Noula
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »
We book with either Maria at Kappa/Sidari or Noula at San Stef. Both are very helpful and will look after you. Their prices are much of a muchness when compared to each other. They are cheaper than Thomson IMHO.

Me, I enjoy the day trip to the isle of Eriskoua. SS harbour around 9.30 and then sail to Sidari for pick-up and arrive in Eriskoua around 11. Return sail around 15.30 - back in SS avout 17.00. Very quiet island. Pick either the 6 mile walk right round it, or the picture perfect beach or the shady square to read, doze and listen to the breeze in the trees. Local bar, cafe and hotel around to feed your needs whilst there as well.

Hope this helps....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:24:58 PM by loftyscot »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
Noula will take you to the harbour and bring you back for a couple of Euros or so. Well worth it!

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »
Thanks guys

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:22:25 AM »
Definitely do not use Thomsons as they are so expensive compared to SS Travel. They offer similar or sometimes exactly the same trips and are very reliable and helpful. The Thomsons rep will try to sell there trips to you but make your own mind up away from the reps pressure.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

YANNIS26

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
Hi Gaynor
Check out San Stefanos travel web site it lists all their trips by land & sea.The list includes prices including a number of special offers.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
San Stef Travel have added more trips on in the last few days as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:39:21 PM »
Can't see any on the web site, Jules. What are they?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »
She's mentioned them on Facebook Jimbo

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
Oh yes! Thanks! Trip to Old Perithia sounds interesting. There are details on the Agni site of the deserted village. Not too far, either.

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
On our first visit five years ago, we did do one Thomson's trip but it was expensive and did'nt really do as it said on the tin. Have mainly used Noula since with no probs. A trip to one of the islands is well worth doing, Ericousa particularly nice but Othoni was also good last year. There is a local ferry leaves from the harbour to Mathraki and Othoni(used this last year), and it was good value and gives plenty of time on Othoni(the 2nd port of call) to explore. Last year it sailed on Mons, Weds and I think Satuday.

Enjoy.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
We should also mention that Noula's tours are all fully insured - a Thomson sales trick is to say only they have proper insurance - - but you will be paying any rep commission way above Noula's - so go for a local tour!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline gaynor542

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »
Sorted then, i will be paying Noula a visit.
Thanks
Gaynor

Gavlah1973

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
We did a day out with Noula last year. We went on the trip on a boat to Corfu town......to be honest I wouldnt reccommend that trip! You had to get fairly dressed up (one has to show off when one is on the Liston one knows!) and we got picked up at 3pm. So basically blistering heat! The boat to Corfu Town was very small meaning that we were sat up top in full glare of the sun in our night time/going out clothes!
It was a very long day and seemed to take ages to get back

That said Noula was very professional and other people have said that some of the other trips were good. Also her taxi service from the airport was brill

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
Much easier to be a professional scruff-bag like me. I'd have been wearing shorts and a tee-shirt. Obviously, I'd have had a delicate silk wrap carefully crumpled in a rucksack for evening wear!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni