Author Topic: Missing San stef and need to go on a budget..Tips please??? x  (Read 9315 times)

Offline sian

• View Profile
Hi everyone - seems like an age since my new husband and I went on our honeymoon last June.

I wanted to go back again this year but we've 'decided' to have a baby instead  :)

It will be our 2nd anniversary 2nd June 2012...and I am desperate to return for a week to 10 days between the 1st and the 10th June.

To make it a possibility though it will HAVE to be as cheap as we can possibly get it (with the building industry as it is Dave's work isn't paying as well as it used to and with a new baby - I'll already feel a bit guilty booking a holiday)

The more I look at everything the more confused and dejected I get....

FLIGHTS - not sure whether it's cheaper to book flights seperately one way, or return via a different airport (I'm closest to Birmingham but would consider journeying to other airports if prices were much cheaper) - or maybe getting someone to book from the other end for me? Is that cheaper?

ACCOMODATION - Here I reach a sticking block - I had a few leaflets from when I visited but have lost them - also I would like to show loyalty to either Nikos at the Thomas Bay (who I know has a few apartments) or Sally and Noula - however I will eventually go for the best priced self catering place I can get. We'd obviously still frequent the bar and the pool at the Thomas Bay anyway  ;D

I'm hoping Dave will have his driving license by next June but as it is - we dont drive and so we will have to be in San Stef - we don't want to be a close drive away. I've never really been one to enjoy spending money on holidays - always had 'more important' things to spend on - but having taken 5 years to get over a pretty horrible depression (less said the better- sorry to kill the mood lol) - and finding such a beautiful place on our honeymoon - I cant helop but believe that returning to San Stef can only make everything daily life brings more worth it - and that we deserve it. :)

Hope you lot have some useful ideas - I've got plenty of time to gather tips and save up a little bit. Baby is due in October and with all the pressures we've had of late - this planning will give me something constructive to plan and look forward to..... Just got to work on the Grandparents to babysit while we go!  :-\

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Missing San stef and need to go on a budget..Tips please??? x
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
Contact Noula and check out Theodosia Prices- very well priced a couple of years ago and central.

Also Nikos's apartments from Athens Bar are a good price.

Go on Easyjet website and check prices.

You will get loads of other idea's as well,

Terezas B&B prices may suit you as well, short walk up the hill.

Shout if you need any contact details, as I am at work right now and the details are on my home PC.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
Thanks Tony - thats a great start :)
Im planning on getting in contact with as many options for accomodation as possible so all the contacts you could throw at me would be great
:) Got loads of time - and I know planning ahead DOES NOT happen over there - so I wont bother them too much yet - but Im really hoping to get this trip sorted as cheaply as possible... plus the planning stage will keep me out of trouble for a while lol

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
Hi Sian,

I posted under the topic 'Teresa again 2011' a couple of weeks ago after finding a great last minute offer from Thomson's for a week self catering at Teresa for £165 per person, flights and transfers included. I know these things are very much subject to demand, but there does seem to be more last minute budget offers available this year. We often say we'll leave it until the last minute, but usually end up paying in advance to secure your first choice. If you are on a tight budget though and don't mind the accomodation lottery (no real bad ones to be honest in San Stef) I think you might get lucky this year. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
Just had another email and there is currently an offer for around £180 for a week S/C at Stamatis, but that's leaving next Monday. They also have a 7 day holiday at the Barras listed for £225 from 6th June, check out the link below:

http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/byo/search/dlresults.page?dateXSell=7&numberOfRooms=1&accommodationType=Any&theme=&boardBasis=&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&childInfantAges=0&departureDate=2011-6-6&duration=7&departureAirportCode=BHX&tuiCtryCode=GRC&tuiDestCode=000691&tuiResortCode=000788&tuiAccomCode=006388&rating=2&dealFinder=yes&

You may need to re-enter search parameters though, they do tend to need refreshing on occasion.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:24:49 AM »
Have sent you a p.m hope thats also helps .........

Offline eelvis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »
Just booked San Stefanos in the most peculiar way. Could get a package hol from Scotland, so booked a cheap deal to Sidari and book the accommodation separately. Cheaper than making my own package. Hopefully it easy to get from Sidari to SS.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »
Very easy, Plenty of Taxi's there, in the centre of Town, but ask the rep on the transfer coach if they are going on to San Stefanos, you could blag a free ride.
You should also tell them at the Airport so they don't call out a search party for you when you don't check in the place in Sidari.

It's not uncommon for this to happen, as prices in Sidari are less!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
Fedra Mare are lovely apartments!  The Nafsika hotel can be booked direct (nafsikahotel.com) and offer great half board value for money - the price is per room, half board not per person. The Perros is a lovely family hotel with apartment sized rooms and a wondeful helpful family who are greta with babies and baby food and offer to lend lots of baby essentials.  All these depend on flights of course and that seems to be problem.  BMI are flying from East Mids next year - good prices.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Just looked at BMI site for you - flights 4/6/12 - totalling at £348.  The Perros's 2011 prices are - £187 euro bed breakfast or 215 euro half board - each - but they INCLUDE transfer to and from airport in that price.  Jet 2 flight prices from EAST MIDS totalled £331.96.  Thomas cook site have discounts at moment and for 4/6/12 from London they are offering the MYTHOS APARTMENTS (Very, very nice) for TOTAL (including flights, transfers EXCLUDING BAGGAGE) - £884.15 (14 days) and £745.75 (7 days).  Don't know if this helps - but good luck.

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
Just to clarify the Thos Cook deal for Mythos Apartments 2012 does contain luggage allowance of 15Kg.  But they are charging a whopping £42 extra for two persons to add an additional 5Kg each!  Much more than for this year.

Sue
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni