Author Topic: vicky info  (Read 37057 times)

Offline pumamc

• View Profile
vicky info
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:02:28 AM »
hi, went to san stefanos about 5 years ago and loved it so have booked to go to vicky studios, as there are only 2 of us i presume we will be in the older part but am a little worried about some of the reviews re the vicky. please can anyone tell me any more ?
thanks, mel :)

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: vicky info
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189458-d1070745-Reviews-Vicky_Apartments-Corfu_Ionian_Islands.html

Have you looked here? Very little in the way of negative views. We stopped there about 10 years ago when they were with Thomsons. Would be unfair to comment on them after that length of time.
Would stay there again .
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »
Lots of very good reviews last season at the Vicky!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
We are staying at the Vicky in September and like you I have read some of the negative reviews on various sites, but there are also plenty of good reviews to be had.  In the end as long as the room is clean and the bed is comfortable I don't really mind.  The setting looks amazing though.  We have stayed in San Stef three times now but this will be the first at the Vicky and I am really looking forward to it.  When are you going?

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:35:23 PM »
We stayed at the Vicky last September.
There are two of us and we were in the new block, which was very nice.
We booked to return as soon as we got home, and are going in June and September this year.
If we're put back in the new block that would be great as I have mobility problems and we were on the
ground floor there, but I heard no complaints from the folk in the older block, who were on our flight home and had stayed there previously..
The setting really is ideal, the path to the beach isn't as steep as some have suggested (I managed it!), and the pool area and bar are clean and welcoming.
I read those trip advisor reviews( one of which is mine, incidentally!), and agree with most of what was said.
We found the staff without exception to be friendly and approachable.
When are you going?

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
We stayed in the Vicky a few years ago and it was really nice. Although we now stay elsewhere we always use the Vicky pool  and like earlier posts always find the staff friendly. I think the view from there is one of the best around and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else for lounging around.

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »
Iris When are you staying at the Vicky in September?  We arrive 12 September.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
Excellent location great pool area and bar, so close to beach, fab sunsets.   Yes the new ones are a bit plusher as they are neweer but all in all for the 2star plus rating they have, they live up to this. All accommodation there has the same facilities. All self catering, all with shower and balcony or patio terrace area. Cleaning service is good, daily except Sundays. You will have a fab time, we use the pool often as its a peaceful spot in an excellent location.  You can hear and see the sea as you relax on your sunbed..............

Offline Dronny Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
Hi,
We stopped at the Vicky last year, our first visit to San Stefanos, and have just booked to go again in August.

The old block is exactly as it says, not as new as the new block, but I don't think that there is anything the should put you off staying there. In fact we have actually asked if we can stay in the same room in the old block as last year. The balconies in the old block have more privacy and get more of the sun in the late afternoon/early evening.

If I was going to be hyper-critical I would say that the toilet/shower area could do with tarting up a little. But this is difficult because of the design of the building. It is on the small side but everything worked, there was always plenty of hot water and the cleaning was spot on. I believe that all the bedroom furniture was replaced at the start of last season.

At the end of the day we don't go on holiday intending to spend a lot of time in our apartment so as long as everything works, the bed is comfy, and everywhere is clean then we are happy.

Where the Vicky really excels is it's location. 20/30 yards (I'm old school) down a slight slope and you are on the beach. Approx 150 yards away is the nearest supermarket. Plenty of places to eat, all within a 10-15 minute walk which is fairly flat. No noise at night.

So the final message is don't worry, you've made a good decision to stop there and I'm sure you will have a good time.

Offline pumamc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 12:04:10 AM »
thanks everyone for some brilliant info, we are going in july with manos and are definitely looking forward to now, san stefanos is such a great place, like you say very little time will be spent in the room so as long as its reasonable it'll be fine. i was going to ask about the path down to the beach as i'm awaiting a knee op so thats useful to know
thanks again, mel  :)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »
strogs,
we'll miss you by a week, as we go home on the 5th.

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
Iris, Thanks a shame, but leave a large Mythos at the bar for me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pumamc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
you can leave 1 for me too please !  :) :)

don

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »
Iris...... I'll have one and leave it on your tab.... Cheers !  ???

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 12:34:57 AM »
Did I get to the Bar in time??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni