Author Topic: weather today  (Read 11001 times)

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
weather today
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:40:52 PM »

Hi I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM.

just to make you jealous --we just got back from a swim  ;D

LIZZIE

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: weather today
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
A swim where?

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:46 AM »
In water--- Siily boy--- LOL
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

Sorry Colin , in the sea along by the raft in San Stefanos

Did it again today but it was a bit colder . Never mind theres always tomorrow  8) 
LIZZIE

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
Yep totally amazing weather in November, its still shorts and tee shirts during the daytime.......althu glad I didn't find the headless man on Sunday as recorded on  Corfu TV last night. We have had a bit of fun/stress last few weeks here.  My husbund boat was stolen from San Stef harbour (reported to Paleo port police and town but no news) also along with several other boats have gone missing. There have been squatters in an apatment block in San stef, relocated but now up the road in Avliotes........Brother in law had his olive nets lifted yesterday.  A moped was stolen from village Sunday night and so on and so on......I know we have to be patient with the overall (ethinic) problem worldwide but never thought it would hit our doorsteps here....... Hence no keys in doors anymore. lock ur windows at night and do not go out on your own anymore, very sad times in Corfu..... P.S all reported to the local TV channels as well........ ???

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 12:12:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that Lesley.  I have always considered SS a place where one could leave a wallet or similar on the beach and it would be returned without a problem.  Must say I leave cash and passport in the apartment but suppose that is really tempting fate and ought to put it in one of the safes that are in the village.  I hope the culprits are caught and this is just a few bad apples that can be squashed before the next season.

Have a good winter and look forward to having a drink with you in the Kamini on our first trip in mid May.  Yes, sorry to miss Easter.  I know of people who have been out with you at that time and they have really enjoyed it.

Sun here today but could do with a bit of the shirtsleave temperatures! 

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
 Hi Lesley--tell me more about the headess man. We went for a swim yesterday and there were things on the beach = perfectly good shoes very large size nice backpack and clothes from socks to jacket also a toupe ( grey ) do you think this is connected since OZZY OIL Nico & friends found a dingy at the same spot. God how scary.  Glad you got your boat back Margaurita got her bike back apparently.   
LIZZIE

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
Lizzie, yes was good news for Margarita and her moped, believe it was found in Corfu Town.  Re the headless man, the TV channel had a report on it on Monday evenings news.  He was found off Diapolo island by a fisherman and is allegedly of non Greek origin.  The report said he was wearing blue jeans a dark coloured tee shirt/jumper......... Re our boat so far no news :'(.  I do know of others that were stolen and were found by port police in Italy and Albania, so hopefully ours will turn up, although others that have been found have had bad damage and engines stolen.   All very sad for this area and lets hope those responaible will be found and tried accordingly. Our neighbours olive nets have also been lifted, it seems that there are people out there who cannot respect that we all work hard for our simple pocessions and with the current economy here and lack of work for many of the local boys, it is a worrying time, we all pray things will improve and we can return to the Corfu we love dearly....... :(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »
Crime is still very, very low in San Stefanos, especially regarding tourists.

However, the boat stealing has been going on for many, many years now, usually with an Albanian Gang connection.

Sorry to hear it has affected anyone on this forum or any locals in fact.

I suppose it's very difficult to watch or secure a remotely located Harbour like the one in S S - what can you do?
Technology has improved and it's easy, but expensive, to fit trackers to boats, this may be the answer, but only with co-operation of Police etc. in Albania / Italy etc.
I have heard stories where locals have tracked the boats to Albania and then have guns waved at them and had to retreat.

A sad situation for boat owners - have the locals come up with any idea's for security?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 11:23:35 PM »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
That bad and you can swim along the high street!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »
The worse weather hit Corfu Town and the Benitses area south and many homes were flooded in that area according to the TV reports.  In the North West we had rain but it was quite 'normal' levels this time and no electricty cuts for us.  Today the sun is shining and the temps are around 21c  8)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
That is better than the Isle of wight were it is raining very heavy and in the night we had thunder and lightening the temp is 9.0.
Harry

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
Well I've packed plenty of woollies as coming to Uk for a few months....hope my bones can take it!!!!!!!!

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
If you're heading to Scotland , pack plenty of woollies.
Our local press is forecasting -10 and snow next week!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni