Author Topic: Easter Corfu 2011  (Read 14621 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Easter Corfu 2011
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
Hi All, just to let you know as Greek Easter falls this year during the time of direct flight from UK (Easyjet) and for non UK members with connections via Athens into Corfu.  Several owners are considering opening early to accommodate those of you whom would like to experience a real Greek Easter here in Corfu.  Good Friday (Big Friday) falls on April 22nd and Easter Sunday being 24th April.  PM me if you are interested and we will put you in touch with those owners whom are open during this wonderful time of the year. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Corfu 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »
Good idea - Thanks - - but will it still be raining? LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
Mmmm whom knows?? ??? Rain or not thought its still a most magical time to experience the real Corfu and the island.  Am sure it will be warmer then UK at least.  The wild flowers are abundant in April, the birds are in flight, ok its not a day on the beach time but its a great insight to anyone looking to possibly stay all year round as a destination on a magical island......... Don't take my word for it just look at Durrells' My Family and Other Animals, DVD, now availbale at a very good price on Amazon........This DVD set will keep you going even if you can't make Easter at least until your next summer hols......tingling stuff.

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

Hi Lesley,
            Yes your right it's a beautiful time to be here - but the kite flying seems to be dying out though but that as they say is progress. Interesting to find out who will be open-eateries yes but accom and supermarkets  ?? Fingers crossed that the paradise will open again i miss the greek nights' we listened to the music from our balc. never tire of it . 
            By the way you are "Aris" Lesley aren't you ?? :-\

LIZZIE

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
Hi Lizzie, yes I am Lesley (Aris' wife) I am also Corfu Selections.  log on to my website www.corfuselections.com.  The Marvel Hotel in Arillas will be open for Greek Easter this easter with cheap prices for twin room with breakfast.  They will also depending on demand have a full menu and we can arrange trips to town or villages for the celebrations close by either in Magoulades, Arillas or Avliotes or Corfu Town. With Easyjet starting Uk flights and also good connections and great prices with Aegean via Athens into Corfu, believe it could be a fab time to visit to see the real Corfu for family and friends........ Also transfer to/from port can be arranged....... :)

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »

No accom. locally then - fancy buying " yellow hotel "  ;)  what a waste. We saw it when it was in action - a bit drab but could be realy nice with t.l.c.   Just need to win the lotto
LIZZIE

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:07:14 AM »
That Hotel is really now in a bad state of repair.
We went this year for a look around - bit creepy as well.
Maybe the missing head is in there? LOL

I think it may end up being pulled down as I seem to remember it broke planning regs!

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »

'Morning all ,  yes they say it won't pass regs.  but i have been in and it is o.k. with size. Maybe with a good imagination and 2 rooms made into 1 it would be really nice, but i don't think they would have to do that. It could even be used for workers they would love it. Anything to bring in cash. Did anyone see it when it was in use ?   Suzie from Vicky worked there on reception one year.

If i had a little money -    ;) ah hah---------
LIZZIE

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »

Had a look at your web - corfu selections   - really nice Lesley .

Onwards and upwards -----enjoy your hols.
LIZZIE

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
Hi Lesley.  Had a drink in the local last night at our 6 O'clock club and mentioned the thefts and headless news to a long time visitor to Agios Stefanos, 'Mr Peter'.  I think you know him well.  He sends good wishes and hopes everything has calmed down by the time he arrives in July.
I hope Aris is able to get his boat back

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:30 AM »
What exactly might be open at Easter Lesley?
I imagine an Apartment would not be a problem, but any Hotel open?
what would be open food wise?

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »

Don't think anything other than private accom will be avail. but thats easy to get - food can be bought from the supermarket in arillas or from the main s/mark in Sidari - the bus still runs. A couple of places open at night for meal / drinks. The Easter service in Avliottes is very religious and all are welcome but you need transport
LIZZIE

don

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:55:08 PM »
As one with time to spare in April it all sounds interesting. As a non-driver the idea fades somewhat. We van but dream!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 05:27:43 AM »
Yes giving it thought and a weeks hire car as well!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »
Hi Lizzie, Tony and all, re the Greek Easter, the Hotel Marvel in Arillas will be open and will serve a contintental breakfast included in the price.  They also have a comfortable area for dining and all home cooking by Spiros and Kostas (Makris') mum.  They can arrange transfer to/from port or airport or car hire can be arranged with one of our local suppliers to deliver collect either from airport or hotel.  Re facilities, well all through winter we do have a small choice of tavernas and bars, both locally in Arillas, San Stefanos, and Sidari and Peroulades as well as in the neighbouring villages. Illias in Avliotes and some of the cafe shops and the village cake shops.  Ideally yes you would be better off with some transport, several of the Europeans come over at this time of year and cycling is popular as well.  Supermarkets and mini markets have sufficient supplies as obvouisly these also service the local population as well.  We could arrange depending on number an Easter lunch at the hotel and also tranpsort to from one of the local village either Arillas or Avliotes for the Saturday midnight church a very beautiful experience if you havent been before.  You can find more info by emailing info@marvelarillas.com.  Hope to see some of you over for Easter perhaps would be lovely.  Any other info required just pop me an email on corfuselections@gmail.com. Lesley :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni