Author Topic: Teresa - again 2011  (Read 34663 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Teresa - again 2011
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »
Booked for the Teresa again for next September which it seems may be the last time with Thomsons as they are talking maybe about going independent. This will be great news for all the Teresa regulars as they do deserve to make more money than Thomsons pay them per night.

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Teresa - again 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 01:50:27 AM »
About time to, if they decide to run with it.

When we stayed in June 2009 i told Leo he should do it - it's pretty obvious they have a loyal 'following'. The only reason we didn't stay there this June was because of the Thomson price of £1000+ for the 2 of us.
Good luck to them.

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
just got back last night from Tereza's, after yet another wonderful stay - had good weather all week and as usual felt like home, and Leo, Fannis, Jarka and family made us feel at home again.

Have already booked for May next year, and will be looking to book a week in sept as well - Leo is def going independent - says it will be an online website to book and he will be supplying transfers - more info next year.

Shame we missed you Jules, saw Zoe and Roy about a few times , and were next door to Johnny rebel and his lovely wife Lorraine who we had several balcony chats with.

Again met some great people and had a great time.

Sarah H

don

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »
Zoe and Roy and Johnny Rebel and Lorraine are two great couples. Glad you enjoyed their company and had a great time. In 336 hours we'll be in Turkey .

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »
We will all have to look out for the email announcement for when they go independent :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 02:54:09 AM »
I hope it works out ok!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
They deserve for it to work out for them - they work so hard every single day and night of the season- as do all the other establishments around the resort as well :)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
Bit confused from the blogs, do they have a contract for next summer? Or are they indie for summer 2011?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
i Lesley   - still contract for next summer but in 2012 are looking at being independent :) :)

Offline johny rebel

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
only trouble is dont think theyle be able to get near thomsons prise as flights are to expensive we have booked for may and september next year for £670 in may and £650 in september this is in the self catering block for 2 people including transfer the prise in september is £100 less than this year To book flights seperate can cost more than £500 for 2 people

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »
only trouble is dont think theyle be able to get near thomsons prise as flights are to expensive we have booked for may and september next year for £670 in may and £650 in september this is in the self catering block for 2 people including transfer the prise in september is £100 less than this year To book flights seperate can cost more than £500 for 2 people

Easyjet from BTL to Corfu and back - about £150-£170 per person. I guess via Gatwick flights are around £150 return - so one doesn''t need to use Thomson flights. I reckon if Leo charges say 250 euros/week self catering a couple could do 2 weeks for around £750.
Cheers

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 11:50:11 PM »
You may find that there are compensation issues when you book flights and accommodation separately and something goes wrong - eg volcanic ash cloud. I do not know what advantages the apartment owners get from being with Thomson, but clearly Thomson will squeeze prices to get best deals for its clients. I personally doubt that there are enough 'loyal' clients to fill all rooms for the season, but the extra received per room by going independent may enable them to have empty rooms but still make money. I personally prefer the 'one stop' shop to book in SS. Anything goes wrong and they are responsible. Good luck to Teresa's though, and hopefully I will still be able to have a drink there?

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
That price would imply around €30-€40 per room per night. A bargain.

Of course €60-€80 per night might be more like it and the Italians from over the water might snap it up when they pile off the various ferries. Good ole Teresas might think the bargain hunting Brits are just too tight with their money when it comes to spending it whilst at the accomodation and decide to go for another market, like non-Brit families who might spend more time at the accomodation and therefore more money going into the Teresa cash till.

Now then, before anyone has a (volatile) reaction to my theory, this is an entirely personal opinion. In no way am I dictating what will happen and therefore if anyone else thinks differently please feel free to share.  ::)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi Loftyscot, you raise some interesting points regarding the free market approach which many property owners must consider when times are tough and the agents squeeze the margins. We went private at the Romanza saving about £200.It seems a % of rooms can be booked this way, however it appeared the vast majority of guests went through the agent as far as we could tell. I must admit we had not considered the reduced travelling costs our European neighbours may enjoy. Should more free markets open up I agree with your point that those who got there for less may heavily influence the accommodation market. On a personal level therefor, if the financial saving margins were reduced and were much nearer the brochure price, we may again resort to a package deal for the extra security this method brings. Sadly I believe this will mean less for the local owners. A final point, I wonder if all inclusive options may continue to gather pace around Europe? While not appealing to the more independent traveller they can offer incedible value for money especially to the family market. Should this growth continue I wonder how SS would be effected?

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »
Cheers Sellsy.

We book direct when going to SS, not that much of a price difference but then we get a much bigger apartment which is perfect. Challenge for us is that flights from Scotland need to be with Thomson or Thomas Cook who IMHO are not budget carriers, eg next year's flights were booked at the very end of July and we still pay £1k for 2 adults plus child from Edinburgh.

Re the All Inc option, we are going to Fuertenventura in two weeks for the Oct break and have picked up a 4* all inc week for £530 pp from Newcastle which we think is great value. Some of the SS locals this year seemed to worry about All Inc creeping into SS, Dimitri at Little Prince was talking about it....not very enthusiastically I might add.

Re the Italians, our hosts at Olgas tell us the ferry from Venice is a really cool way to go to Corfu if you fancy twinning up a short break in the Venice area or indeed the Alps or southern Germany and get the train down to Venice. My son (8) would love the adventure but i think the missus would prefer the more direct route. I understand some of the Brit seasonal workers travel via that route using ferry, train ferry across Europe as it allows them to haul their gear.

All the best

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni