Author Topic: Where we ate  (Read 33053 times)

joan

Re: Where we ate
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
Lofty

Are you off to Correlejo? If so I've been around 7 times over the past 12 years of so!

Gavlah what's FV like in relation to SS eg. beach, restaurants etc?

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »
Gavlah

Costa Calete, Elba Sara Resort.....our 20th anniversary tour :)

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 10:04:39 PM »
Last time we were in Caleta we had a good Greek, a good Indian, a good Chinese and a good Mexican. Also good "international" cuisine of the sort to be found in all Spanish resorts.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
Funny, we have those locally here as well!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »
Friday night had superb mousaka in Little Prince

Yesterday great lunch at Summer Dreams - got locked in all afternoon by torrential rain - so bad the roads were rivers and the satellite lost all signal. Then great prawns in Little Prince and stayed up far too late with Gill and Andy and now have a birthday headache!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »
Great way to spend a rainy day!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »
I've only ever been to Correlejo in Fuerte.

There's basically 3 main resorts. Correlejo, Jandia and Caleta De Fuste. I've visited the other two on day trips etc. Jandia has amazing beaches, up there with Oz & the Caribbean. Massive hotels there, very few places to eat out and full of German nudists! Probably 90% German visitors down there! Caleta De Fuste is very British, man made beach, lots of English pubs etc.
In my opinion Correlejo is the best place. As Sandra says, great international food as with most Spanish resorts. You can find authentic Canarian eateries though if you hunt them out. There's probably about 20 restaurants down by the harbour that all serve Canarian dishes. If you love fresh fish you'll be in heaven. Also a great couple of Steak Houses that serve superb food.
British run bars in the main but probably nowhere any busier than Condor for example. The island as a whole tends to attract couples and families rather than groups. There's a great beach around 2k outside Correlejo, its a national park in fact.
If I had to compare to San Stef........San Stef has the more authentic food and a friendlier vibe.....Fuerte deffo wins hands down when it comes to the beaches.

Good forum/site here for loads of info......

http://www.fuerteventura.com/

don

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:09 PM »
Whenever we've been there, Corralejo, we have tended to eat in the old town and ended up drinking in the square while enjoying free entertainment. Absolutely love the Canarian restaurants but steer away from the "Brit" establishments.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:31:03 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 03:51:59 AM »
The British establishments are often on the rough side for some reason!

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
TC
You really do like the last word on every thread dont you  ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »
Ouch!! Take a chill pill!! - I usually ignore any sarky comments, but I get the feeling you Spesh-alise in them, (noticed a few),
but then - as it seems I do like the last word - perhaps I am a Spesh-alist? (I had to get that one in!).
However, it seems you do as well now - - which can only mean - - you are so Spesh!! - are you not?  :-\ LOL

Problem is because I work shifts, I often come online when others are in bed.
On my early shifts when I write in the afternoon, and not the late evening, someone else would have made the last comment.
I don't write on all threads anyway, but I enjoy participating in the forum, and was answering my friend Don in this case,
sorry if that bothers you so much, but I won't change just because I have grown an online stalker.

Best wishes and enjoy the Forum - contribute my friend - have fun!

don

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »
Can't wait to taste the Turkish food. Never eat Kebabs here but determined to try one there.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
I loved my trip to Olu Deniz in the mid 90's however I hated Marmaris. They hassled my then girlfriend so much it got uncomfortable.
I'd now never ever return to Turkey due to tragedy and personal circumstance. I know you can't tar everyone withthe same brush but that country won't get one more penny of my money!

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »
I loved my trip to Olu Deniz in the mid 90's however I hated Marmaris. They hassled my then girlfriend so much it got uncomfortable.
I'd now never ever return to Turkey due to tragedy and personal circumstance. I know you can't tar everyone withthe same brush but that country won't get one more penny of my money!

Totally agree been about 6/7 different places in Turkey but never again the hassle you get is really annoying to the point you could almost fall out with them.

TC cant think of a reply to your superior wit as my eyes are still full of tears with laughing that much  ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »
Cheers - not at all superior - but I enjoy a bit of banter as you know - E-Spesh-ally for you!

Got to agree with your summing up on Turkey as well, I hated Marmaris more than words can say,
But I did love Dalyan where Don is travelling to as it had virtually no hassle,
and the people reminded me of San Stefanos - Turkish yes, but very genuinely friendly.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni