Author Topic: Jet 2 2011?  (Read 6497 times)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Jet 2 2011?
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
We normally fly from manchester but for next year I have looke around and Jet 2 from Leeds seem to be aboot £400 lower in total for the three of us. I have never used them before and wonder what other peoples experiences have been. The saving seems almost too good to be true!!

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Jet 2 2011?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
We live not far from leeds/bradford airport and we have used jet2 to fly to Spain a few times.We have never had any problems with them from checking in to arriving in Spain.The staff we found very helpful and polite and also no delays.I hope this helps.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
Got back last week from Turkey and we flew with Jet2.com.  They were very good and the space you had whilst seating was excellent.  There was much more room than on other airlines we have flown with.  I Would advise you book your seats on line to guarantee you all sit together.  You pay a bit more but we thought it was worth it.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
Very good budget airline who I've used numerous times.

Leeds Bradford is a very good although small airport. Always smooth check in, decent duty free and a Smiths. There's also a large bar area when you get through to airside.

There's also a small shop called Yannis Kumquat there so you can get in the San Stef mood before you've even taken off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »
Leeds Bradford would be better if it wasn't a b******d to get to. There's no fast transport link from the railway station and unless you drive north of it onto rural roads you have the sprawling congestion of Leeds' traffic to contend with. At least on Friday morning I can drive to Doncaster on an empty M62! And before you say owt, I were born in Leeds!

I've flown several times with Jet2 and they've been fine. The cabin crew are the normal distribution of ageing women and gay men, the planes have the requisite number of wings, and the aircrew understand "up" and "down". They do not have jacuzzis and massage parlours on the plane, and they look sadly at passengers carrying jars of Kumquat marmalade.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »
And Jimbo, as far as i understand, they have had the same number of landings as take-offs ::)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni