Author Topic: Laptops etc  (Read 5789 times)

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Laptops etc
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
Is it just me ? But i just find it very sad and strange that people while on holiday take laptops with them or use a pc to post or keep up with things on here, A pc is the last thing i want when on holiday.

Yammas

Offline deerocker

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Laptops etc
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:35 PM »
Couldn't agree more with you...Its all a bit sad really
"It's not the size of the ship; it's the size of the waves." - Little Richard

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
It's not sad. Some of us have to provide support and maintain contact with key people.

Plus get the sports news, etc.

Plus get the latest from the forum!!!!

zoe

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »
we take a net book so if our son needs to get hold of us he can email and  as he is 21 it just gives us a chance to remind him not to make a mess and i know he is not a boy hes a man now but when i hear his vioce i miss him it just gives us that piece of mind i know he could phone if there was a problem but it cost nothing to send an email we are getting tight in our old age lol!!!

LILOLIL

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 01:59:56 AM »
Each to their own I suppose.Dont wear a watch just go with the flow myself much better ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
We don't like to be cut off, also for business reasons, and great way for keeping in touch.
Those who don't - don't
those who do - do,
nothing sad at all - just as easy to say it's sad to not be in touch.
As Lilolil says' each to their own!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
I can understand for buisness reasons, but not to follow whats going on on here etc. Here is an example

Me and my wife were sat in the condor bar and there was a family sat with a laptop, all you could hear the parents saying was "thats great the gas and electric have come out" if its a DD of course it come out do you really need to look on holiday.

But i know some on here have to comment on EVERYTHING  ;)

Yammas

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »
I can go along with that, Spesh. For me it is much more relaxing to log on for half an hour and pick up any issues than sit about wondering what's going on.

Last year I didn't have a laptop with me, had to walk about 5 hundred yards up to 3W to check mail, and had a big mobile phone bill. This year I could pop downstairs to the bar, have a G&T, check the mail, answer any problems, Skype my brother in Florida, read reviews of something I wrote - all for the princely sum of Nothing! I like that :-)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 02:24:30 PM »
Is it just me ? But i just find it very sad and strange that people while on holiday take laptops with them or use a pc to post or keep up with things on here, A pc is the last thing i want when on holiday.

Yammas

We always take our Net Book, its great for keeping an eye on the weather forecast as in September you never know if a rainy day is ahead and its best to be prepared.

I note its raining in Corfu today, thats September for you!

Andy

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni