Author Topic: Help re Flights  (Read 10814 times)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Help re Flights
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
We are about to book accomadation for next August but having missed out on San Stef for the last two years are not sure when you can start looking for flights. Can anyone give us an idea of the best time to start searching and is it best to book early or wait a bit to see if the prices fall?

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Help re Flights
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
Hi,

If you go to travelsupermarket.com you will get prices for flights from all airports in GB that fly to Corfu now e.g. I fly from Bristol and Thomas Cook and First Choice already have prices up for next July but I know Easyjet are cheaper so I'll wait until October time to book with them.

It all depends what your needs are - time or flight or cost. Easyjet are cheaper for us but the flight times are awful.

Hope this helps. 
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »
Hi. We always book our flights with Travel Rebublic and have always found them reasonable. We booked in October last year and by December they had gone up, we prefer to book early and get early booking price

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
try this site for flights
   www.skyscanner.net

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:13 AM »
If you can go by easyjet, book early for cheaper fares.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
We've booked our own flights to Corfu/San Stef for the last 3 years now, we travel from Birmingham.

Last year we booked early with EasyJet and got a great deal flying from Bristol. As mentioned above, if you book with EasyJet do it as soon as you can and you will save money. They also offer a money back guarantee, so if the flight price reduces below the price you paid they will refund you. Really impressed with EasyJet, smaller plane, but more leg room and very good cabin service.

But, the flight times changed this year, which made Bristol less attractive, so we've returned to Thomsons from Birmingham. Their pricing structure differs from EasyJet and generally the price reduces if you leave it late. But far too risky for us, so we booked a few months ago.

We have used www.airflights.co.uk, but you generally find most online agencies offer the same or similar pricing. We usually get a price online and then use our local First Choice travel agency to see if they can match/beat the price.

YANNIS26

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
I have booked direct with the Romanza for next June.As far as flights go I intend making a late booking.I have 6 airports to choose from in the northeast or Manchester.
Example of present prices.
August 2010   130-160 pounds
June 2011   250- 300 pounds
These are Thomson prices and I intend to use their transfer.I cannot see next Junes prices being anywhere near present levels.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 05:57:56 AM »
One point Yannis has made -
I like Easyjet, but if you book Thomson, you get a free transfer, at least to Sidari & SS if they have room on the coach.
Add the transfer to EasyJet and see if it's still cheaper, if price is the main consideration.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni