Author Topic: Spoilt for choice?  (Read 33977 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 02:29:58 AM »
Jimbo

Let me remind you of your posting on July 21st 2010 regarding The Mythica Restaurant:
We thought the Mythica was excellent, good food, friendly service.

We too love The Little Prince, but then again we don't stay there, as you do.

Sorry for any punctuation errors!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:13:04 PM by Waspman »

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 05:01:45 AM »
We are all different that's true.  And expect restaurants have good days and not so good ones - but just said what I found this year.  Such a great resort for choice and something for everyone!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 01:06:28 PM »
I was contradicted by She Who Must be....

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
Just back from second visit to SS - two weeks at Theodosia apts booked thru Noula and first opportunity to sample the tavernas properly, having stayed at the Nafsika last year.

Six adults - parents and three daughters aged from 18-23 and one partner to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, having honeymooned in Corfu (Kassiopi) in 1985 - can't believe we're that old now!

Our collective scores on the doors/thought and comments re meals out :)

3 x Nafsika - nice food and setting, Speros his usual self! Jo on the bar as lovely as ever and Chris - quiet and efficient. Sadly we felt it was def not the same without Va(n)gelis - we missed his cheeriness and the girls did not always feel comfortable there. 'Us oldies' liked it more than the youngsters!

3 x Zorba's - 2 x excellent food, 1 x not so good - great atmosphere, waiters and dancing. (Yes I did say something quietly but it did not go down very well. We did not let it cloud our judgement though and would go back for sure). The girls particuarly liked the young, good looking waiters but I could not possibly comment!

2 x Sunset - quiet, excellent fresh fish and salads and good value.

3 x Mythica - first time told would be hour and a half wait for food so didn't stay but very glad we tried again! Had to ask for 2 meals to be heated up on one occasion, but out of 18 meals - consistently the best we thought overall.

1 x Mistral + 3 lunches - lovely setting, excellent quality, not v. polished service but that was part of it's charm. House wine was cheapest and it showed!

1 x Olympia - lovely meal, but just liked others more.

1 x Beachcomber - lovely setting for anniversary meal and 'nice and posh meal'. Sue was lovely and attentive. The waiter however was a little formidable! and the food, though very good quality wasn't very local and was more like a meal we'd get in a good restaurant at home. Stangely we were not tempted to go back. Still really nice!

Anyway, not one poor meal in 2 weeks and that's amazing out of 84 evening meals between us! Yes, some we enjoyed than others and typically on occasions someone wished they'd chosen differently when they saw what someone else had! There was lots of tasting and sharing. Lots of very good 'house white' sampled and more calories consumed than I dare think about!
Back to reality with a bang after another fab hol in SS - washing and shopping for the week at Morrisons!
Hey ho!
Roll on next August - or maybe Oct half term? or May half term?

Regards all and thanks for advice received re access for wheelchairs and accommodation etc! - Much appreciated!

Helen

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it - you did a nice spread of restaurants - nice report and enjoyable to read - Thanks!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
Just returned this weekend from a fab week in SS. For us the highlight was the food and ambiance found at Ozzie Oils. One night which we  particularly enyoyed was the BBQ night with singing from the host within the delightful garden setting.Wonderful food in a relaxed atmosphere.Mythica had lovely food and was always busy but the atmosphere was a little lacking. Our base camp at the Romanza was also a safe bet for great food in a relaxed and friendly setting with the fab views adding that extra something. All in all a fab time with the village offering something for all.

joan

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »
Just returned from SS 30th had some really good meals at Sunset try their new version of Kleftico it's delicious.  Visited Mama mia on two occasions excellent pasta, portions there absolutely huge but will do smaller ones if you ask.2 Stars up to their usual standard.
Was disapointed this year with Grillroom (Yiannis) as having had many super meals there in the past and reccomended it I cannot say the same this time, they no longer have the spit going so no chicken and lamb that were very tasty everyone seems to have fillet of chicken on the menu I think this is a cost cutting exercise. Sad to say the meals were not to standard this year so it's off my list.
Barras as usual was very good  really enjoyed his roast chicken and other meals also had a couple of breakfasts there as their sausages are like those that you would have at home.
Overall the menus were pretty much the same as last year but prices were very reasonable there doesn't seem to be a hike as we thought there may be.What was apparent was it was mainly only the Brits that were out spending in tavernas and bars, there were many Italians, Germans,Greeks but they didn't come out to eat prefering to cook in their appartments.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
We ate at the Sunset every other evening, The food is so nice never had a bad meal there and Spiros and Maria make you so welcome, and they do the best hot chocolate ever which we had every night, only
arrived home yesterday and am so missing it

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
Nice to read Sunset getting some good reviews. It is generally so underused and so very underrated. Must make promise to use it more myself.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
Was there for a month in July/August and ate in most places. Only bad meal was one I had in Little Prince.l Tried it twice because so many on here love it but it really was second grade both times.
I would go for:
Olympia (but watch your bill to check extra drinks not been added on)
Mythica (although it does lack atmosphere.)
ozzie Oils
beachcomber
Nafsika.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 10:46:57 PM »
We were very disapointed with Little Prince after all the good right ups about it, my husband had a
sizzling steak that did,nt sizzle also his beer was flat and waited ages to be served, maybe we were just unlucky that night but it put us off going back. :( :(

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:37 AM »
Always had a great time at Little Prince. Best moussaka in SS.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2010, 03:22:16 AM »
I was impressed with the food quality this year in the Thomas Bay!! Great Mousaka

Sunset great as usual - talked to Spiros, yes the entire business is for sale, but he's in no rush, just waiting for right offer.
He just wants a change, but if no one wants to buy - he will carry on for ever!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni