Author Topic: Spoilt for choice?  (Read 33979 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »
In our opinion Mythica was excellent and is run by Jenny and Leo -ex Romanza. All in all we have never really been disappointed with any meal in SS in all the years we have been going
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 02:48:31 AM »
I think like most, you'll pass a Restaurant and it will look good and you'll simply go in,
we often pre-plan, we have our favourites like everyone, and then on the night something draws you in elsewhere, and they are all pretty good in SS!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

joan

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »
I think that most people will agree that Mythica is lovely it's the little touches like choices of breads, proper tableclothes and a pleasant ambience.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
Hi Joan, we recall when Jenny and Leo were at the Romanza we would always be offered some warm home made breads,  garlic butter, and the most amazing dark olive butter dish to get the taste buds going.Together with the ambiance and the attention to detail mentioned, it was always a treat to eat there. We will be keen to try the Mythica this time around if only for the bread trays! It also seem that the Romanza has maintained its reputation as a top restaurant in recent times, we head there in 8 days and we are really looking forward to the sunsets from the restaurant as well as visiting as many of the recommended venues as we can.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
Zorba's - good reasonable food and excellent dancing

Little Prince - new chef this year which has made a huge difference and again good dancing

Mythica - first visit back in July to this place and I can safely report it deserves it's top 3 place.

Throw in the Beachcomber for the sunset, Olympia for more great food, Mistral for the size of their starters and you have a great choice.

Bar 38 - chic, busy and great fun. 
When God created Wales he was just showing off

joan

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 12:01:57 PM »
Hi Sellsy

We'll be visiting Mythica again this year we were very pleased with our choices, even though I can never manage to finish them they are generous portions. My husband liked the olive butter too and managed to empty the dish. We never got round to having a sweet last time I was just unable to eat any more,but they too looked good. I'm just hungry thinking about it. ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 06:35:54 AM »
It's funny just how much you miss these places when you read peoples reviews!
I can't wait to go back to the Mythica, Beachcomber etc. etc.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 01:30:22 PM »
Hi Joan,Tonyco1,all, Only 5 days to go before we will be checking out all the latest menus around town! Listening to the rain fall on our rain soaked gazebo (again!) as we contemplate another damp BBQ here in sunny Nothumberland !  SS cant come soon enough!

Offline Sezza

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Just returned and our favourites were;

Ozzy Oils   - fantastic food, great service and lovely relaxed atmosphere
Beachcomber  -
Olive Press   - choice of starters not great but the main course meats were fantastic and very tasty
Olympia  - very quiet but food and service is always great - its a shame some people avoid it because it never looks busy but food is lovely.
Little Prince - great service and good value for money
Mythica - went twice as we enjoyed it there last year - food ok but was disappointed with the quality of my dishes this year and atmosphere seemed a little tense, tried it again on our last night but was the same so dropped down in my favourites this year.

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
Just returned today and we still didn't get to eat everywhere we wanted this year but our favourites as follows:-

Beachcomber Bistro - best fillet steaks we have ever had and mussel starter was delish
Ozzy Oils - fab food yet again and can never resist the courgette & stilton for starters
Mythica - lovely food yet again
Olympia - gr8 food and value for money
Nafsica - loved their beef and mushroom stroganoff
Perros - gr8 as we fancied a curry that night
Olive Press - Lamb & roast potatoes delish altho George had run out of my fave apple pie - will have to just go back next year then!!!
And can't remember where else we ate but they were all good in their own right

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
Well we are H/board this year in the T/Bay Hotel, but we will eat out at least 5 times:

Mythica - yes
Beachcomber - yes

and some of the rest - - -

Mistral - probably
Ozzie Oils - probably
Olive Press - probably
Olympia - probably
Little Prince - probably

if we have a car - (most likely), we will try Romanza one evening and check out Arillas.
Where we don't eat out we can call in for Breakfast or Lunch or Drinks!
But we like to do the rounds - opp's - forgot the Sunset - love it there as well!!

Ahhhhh! so many great Restaurants and so little time!!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »
Tony - if you have a car, why not also try either lunch or evening up in Avliotes under the vines at Illias. Also the ATM is outside chemist in same village, as seen a few posts saying the one in SS is not realiable (The ATM) that is!!!   ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
Yes - That is a regular haunt of ours!!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
We arrived back on 17th August -
We ate at Mythica - twice - brilliant starter with smoked salmon and poached egg- salmon supreme - greta classy ambience/service
We ate at Little Prince - Oh dear
We ate at Zorbas - nice but one of our party was ill for the night and next day
We ate at waves for lunch - nice
We ate at Mango bar for lunch - YUM
We ate at Paradise - BIG portions and nice atmosphere
We ate at Perros - fresh hot food cooked to order - very hot sometimes! (we stayed there)
We ate at Taverna Gravia overlooking Arillas - FANTASTIC FRESH LUNCH, SUPERB COFFEE
We ate at Broouklis Taverna - YUM
BUT THE BEST WAS -
the NAFSIKA - AMAZING dolmades, melted in the mouth - the freshest, huge sea bass, Theodoras semolina pud - I LOVE HER FOOD.
Lots to choose from - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

has anyone eaten at Delfino Blu?  Would love to know what it was like, was going to go on Sunday (wed anniversary) but hubby insisted on going back to Mythica as he loved the starter - he had amazing fillet steak and scallops for main and I had the MOST succulent liver and bacon.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »
Funny how people differ. I'd be a bit reluctant to go back to Mythica - much prefer Little Prince!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni