Author Topic: Returned on Sat morning 2am - quick review  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Returned on Sat morning 2am - quick review
« on: August 04, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »
First up - Corfu airport.

Spent a total of 3 hours on our feet first queuing with the luggage, then for a drink in departures and just when we were about to sit down we get called for our flight. We were knackered.

Anyway the hols itself.

Arrived at Fedra Mare just past midnight on Sat 17th - Sat was very hot - 40+ and stuffy which was unlike San Stef I thought. Over the next 8 days the temperature eased. When I say eased I mean it went down to the mid to late 30's - phew!!

Overall we thought prices seemed to hold up well from last year. Certainly didn't spend anymore nor less.

For our 13 evenings we ate at Manthos (Greek dancing night) which was excellent, Beachcomer which was okay but I tend to agree with other posters i.e. it needs to do a bit more than offer a sunset, Mistral where the starters were huge - the biggest we had experienced and great value for money (watch out for the mozzies there though), Olympia which we hadn't been to for 2/3 years and was very good, Little Prince which I thought was better than last year food wise - great chicken giros, Mythica for the first time and was suitably impressed - lovely presentation, excellent meal and large portions, Zorba's with its usual excellent entertainment and food and Sunset where as good as the Sofrito was the owner seems to have given up - sad.

Bar 38 is the place to be and is rocking. Lively late on, good music and Hilary and George were excellent as per the norm. Regularly open until 4/5am. The Little Prince bar was far busier than normal as well which was good to see.

Overall we thought the resort was busier than last year though our taxi driver disagreed. Perceptions can be wrong I suppose. Booked for next year already and only have future reviews from you good people to look forward to. oh hum.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Returned on Sat morning 2am - quick review
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
Thanks for that Tredegar Boy- only 23 dyas for us and can't wait - especially after reading reviews such as yours :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:54:56 PM »
Hi Tredegar Boy

We are staying at the Fedra Mare in September and have booked an apartment. Are they as nice as they look as I cannot find many reviews about them?

Cheers

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »
Hi Tredegar Boy

We are staying at the Fedra Mare in September and have booked an apartment. Are they as nice as they look as I cannot find many reviews about them?

Cheers

We stayed at Fedra Mare in June this year. We had a studio at ground level near the pool.
Lovely apartment; very clean and very roomy. All looks pretty new, as i think Dimi decorated in the winter. Fridge in there, air con can be used (pay extra). We didn't use air con because it kept so cool, even though temps were in high 20s, low 30s.
Only downside is there's no toaster or microwave in the 1 bedroom studios.
The apartments upstairs are 2 bedroomed and have two floors - H took me to se one whilst we were on hols there and they are nice as well, but i believe you'll need the air con on in those as they do catch the sun.
Enjoy! 8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:33:23 AM »
Tredegar Boy - nice report - it all builds up the picture  - we can't wait to get back again - 26 days and we'll be in the bar there!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni