Author Topic: nafsica  (Read 15729 times)

Offline jard

• View Profile
nafsica
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:50:23 PM »
ive been 2 nafsika for 3 years and loved it

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: nafsica
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:08:05 AM »
We don't stay at Nafsika but eat there most nights because we love the food and rustic surroundings.  Spiros and his staff always very friendly ad attentive!!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
jard, what are the rooms like?  Is there air con etc?  I have not stayed at the Nafsika but have heard conflicting reports.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
We have stayed at the Nafsika 3 times - the rooms are basic, the beds comfy, the sheets fit, very effective aircon, lovely maid, very small shower cabin, lots of hot water, views over the beach or over the terracotta roofs and green hills at the back.  Haven't stayed since 2007 and they perhaps could have done with a bit of refurb but I was very comfortable in them.  Our rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day with big, fluffy towels every day.  Rustic Greece, just what we like.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 10:56:52 PM »
Very friendly - nice food - yes it could do with a refurb - but honestly, how long do you stay in the room - so Ok
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
Like most establishments - they make you one of the family - That's S S for you!

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »
Hoping to go to the Nafsica next year. It looks like our type of place.
We've not been to Corfu before. We've been to most of the other Ionian islands and so far like Zakynthos
the best. We've been wanting to try Corfu for a while but needed to find the right area and the right hotel.
San Stefanos looks wonderful and the Nafsica looks like the friendly,family hotel we like.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 06:22:43 PM »
Welcome Denise, We went to zante for quite a few years running and really loved it untill we found San stef and now do not wish to go anywhere else. :) :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
Hi Denise,
Wherever you stay in San Stefanos you will get a great welcome  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:55 AM »
Denise, You would like the Nafsika, the Thomas Bay or the Athina, if it's a Hotel you want, in a central location.
All have nice staff and are perfect for you. Check them out before you book!
There is also the Romanza if the Hill doesn't worry you, (great reviews), or the Delfino if you want to go more upmarket.

YANNIS26

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
Praise indeed Tony.I am over the moon that someone as worthy as yourself has praised the Romanza reviews.It made all the time I spent writing them worthwhile.I would also take this opportunity to point you in the direction of the Trip Advisor reviews which are equally impressive and honestly I only wrote one of those.
T.I.C
Yammas
Yannis Romanza PR Dept.

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. You were all very prompt. You obviously adore San Stefanos. It shows in all your posts.
I'm really looking forward to booking there next year. We hope to travel around August 14th,I'll let you all know when We've booked.
We're off to Kos this year for our 25th wedding anniversary and as this was where we had our 1st holiday as a married couple we thought we'd return there.
I prefer the Ionians though as they're so beautiful and it's not so long on the plane!
I'm going to read everything I can now about San Stefanos.
Thanks
Denise

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »
Had a meal at the Nafsika just 2 night ago (14th August) and it was delicious - it felt like coming home.  If you choose there you will enjoy some special meals indeed.

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
Hi Jard, we're going to Marmari. For the 1st year ever to a 5* hotel, Palazzo del Mare,. Usually we go to small and friendly hotels or apartments but as it's our silver wedding anniversary we thought we'd try a special hotel.We've stayed in Kefalos twice before, once 24 yrs ago when it was very quiet, and the 2nd time, 12 yrs ago, when it had got a lot busier. Marmari looks quiet so hopefully we'll enjoy it.

Hi Debra, I'm really looking forward to trying the Nafsica, it really is our sort of place.San Stefanos looks beautiful.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:29 PM »
Hi Denise

Sounds Fab - a real treat - a 5 star hotel - enjoy!

Yes the Nafsika is a lovely traditional Greek hotel with super food.  We stayed at the Perros Hotel for the first time and it was FAB!   BIG rooms with a full fridge, tea coffee facilities, air con, sofa, nice shower cubicle.  Was concerned about location but, actually loved it as a steady 7 minutes walk to main street, and nice an dpeaceful surrounded by lush countryside. You can stay bb or half board or a mixture of both - very flexible as book independently - half board option very cheap - works out to 7 euros for two for 3 course meal cooked by Eleni who runs the hotel with husband Stephanos and sister in law Nicola (From Inverness) -and they were absolute stars - evryone in that hotel, Anna, the waitress, Julia the breakfast cook, the lovely maid, the owners beautiful children - EVERYONE were so nice - easily the EASIEST, friendliest place I have ever stayed in.  The booking is easy peasy with Nicola - they include transport form and to the airport, which is brilliant.  Consider the Perros - it is a secret gem!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni