Author Topic: What do you get in an apartment?  (Read 11349 times)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
What do you get in an apartment?
« on: July 27, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »
Not furniture -wise! We've never stopped in an apartment before anywhere. We're stopping at the Vicky in september and I'm just wondering, do we need to take washing up liquid? Bizarre the things that you suddenly think of at 3 in the morning!  How often does the cleaner come by? Should I be taking wipes or something for the bathroom/kitchen? ???

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: What do you get in an apartment?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
We are staying at the Vicky next September so would be interested in what you think of them.

Normally you would have supply washing up liquid, tea towels etc.  You usually get a kettle rings and possibly an oven.  I think you may even get a toaster in the Vicky.

We would never go back to hotels as we prefer the freedom of self catering.

Hope you have a great holiday

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
We stay in appartments and have never had washing up iquid or toilet rolls supplied, things that don't weigh heavy can aways be packed in the suitcase. Tea bags, coffee and breakfast cereal can be quite expensive in the local supermarket so I would take your own supply with you. overall we like the flexibility that appartments offer you. I am sure you will enjoy you stay at the Vicky. Have a great holiday

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »
We have stayed in numerous Apartments all over S Stef.
Not much difference in what they supply.
2 to 4 ring cooker, usually via gas bottle, oven. Cooking utensils. Kettle.
Crockery and Cutlery, Knife set & other utensils etc. for number staying.
Tea Towel, washing up implements.
Usually you get the left-overs of washing up liquid, any household cleaners etc. 1 x Toilet roll - then buy your own.

Ask if you need an iron etc. Towels - Bedding changed every few days!
Most Apartments also give you - - - or you can order a starter basket = Milk, Bread, wine, butter, sugar etc.
We never bothered with that and bought what we needed.
We usually always had to buy a floor cloth to wipe the bathroom floor!

I would suggest you email and ask what you get to be sure! - However most Supermarkets are open until late.
Also a nice Bakery a short walk away!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »
Thanks everyone-I suppose I can take a few bits in the case-do they really not supply loo rolls though?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
No one does except when you arrive, only hotels!!
Take wet wipes as well - save on toilet paper as it's not the best quality!
Also see the article I did in the information section, Toilets of Corfu - a serious but tongue-in-cheek way of explaining the small bore pipe system there.
You shouldn't put paper down the Loo!!
Have a read!!
Tony

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »
We always take a large jar of coffee as well as Teabags - what we also do is always get taxi to stop at supermarket on way from airport to apartment and pop in quickly and pick up 6 large bottles of water. No extra charge and obviously dependent on what time u arrive of course - saves u carrying it later with all yr other groceries. Another thing that always seems to be supplied is pegs altho not alot of them and if you have 2 kids like us and wash things thru then may be an idea to pack a dozen cheap plastic pegs - we just tend to leave them behind when we come home. Never seen toilet roll supplied altho when we stayed with Simone at Olive Press a few times she did make sure there was milk / teabags / packet of cookies in apartment on arrival which was a nice touch.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »
Not furniture -wise! We've never stopped in an apartment before anywhere. We're stopping at the Vicky in september and I'm just wondering, do we need to take washing up liquid? Bizarre the things that you suddenly think of at 3 in the morning!  How often does the cleaner come by? Should I be taking wipes or something for the bathroom/kitchen? ???

Don't know about Vicky apts, but at Fedra Mare this June toilet rolls were supplied for the whole of our hols - good quality as well! ;D

We had a fridge and kettle, but no toaster and microwave.

Cleaned every day and towels changed most days. Apartment was spotlessly cleaned each time. Really top service.

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:29 PM »
Thats good to know re toilet rolls at Fedra Mare - we are staying there next week so will cross that off our list of essentials when we arrive

don

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
We stayed at Maria & Peli's and were surprised to find a sandwich toaster in the apartment. We also had kettle, mini oven with grill and 2 rings. Pretty much standard equipment for where we've stayed. Always had a tea towel but take washing up liquid and toiletries in the 100ml clear bottles that you can carry in hand luggage. Saves checked in weight.
We always take our own serial, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper (for salads) in the sachets from supermarket cafeteria.
Toilet rolls we have bought in the resort. Poser - where do the locals buy theirs? The one provided is usually such good quality.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 01:19:26 AM »
We stayed at Maria & Peli's and were surprised to find a sandwich toaster in the apartment. We also had kettle, mini oven with grill and 2 rings. Pretty much standard equipment for where we've stayed. Always had a tea towel but take washing up liquid and toiletries in the 100ml clear bottles that you can carry in hand luggage. Saves checked in weight.
We always take our own serial, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper (for salads) in the sachets from supermarket cafeteria.
Toilet rolls we have bought in the resort. Poser - where do the locals buy theirs? The one provided is usually such good quality.

TYPO ALERT - Serial (Killer) or Cereal ?? Got'cha!!

And - - - - - - - - do you get JAM???
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:21:58 AM by tonyco1 »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni